info_PCOU
Star II
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_ZS600KL_15.1630.1811.46_0
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name: Whatsapp

Hello Asus support, Every time I play a forwarded voice message there is a extremly weird and loud static and chainsaw-like sound coming out instead of the voice message im wanting to hear. I´ve found out that this happens on other ROG Phones also. I´m not sure if you´re aware of it so here is how you replicate it and how to tempoary fix it for the message you´re trying to hear: 1. Open Whatsapp 2. Play any forwarded message :L Temp fix: Play any regular voice message BEFORE playing the forwarded and it will work. Since i´ve bought the Phone i´ve always had this issue and really wanting to get it fixed finally.. Best wishes
6 REPLIES 6

Lupo67
Star I

Y_ASUS

info_PCOU posted on 2019/1/20 02:23

Hello Jei,

WhatsApp Version: 2.19.14

It happens both when using the phone speaker and using earphone ...

Hi info_PCOU,

Thanks for your reply.

If downloading as a file, could the issue be heard in the file?

If it is possible, please download the voice messages that have issues and kindly share the link to us, and we will check this out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
View post
I've the same problem. Only with Whatsapp. If u exit from app and than come back, it works...but everytime with a kind of "tack" before start to play

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Lupo67
Thank you for your asking. If you update your firmware version up to the lastest frimware version, will the situation remain the same? Please check our official website, try "manual update" from WW-15.1630.1907.98>WW-16.0410.1910.91> WW-16.0420.1912.16.
#ROG Phone Firmware Spot
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ROG-Phone/HelpDesk_BIOS/
#[Zenfone] How to update firmware on my phone? (manual update)
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/
Please make sure to back up your data before updating.
If the issue remains the same, please provide us video of the issue detail.