This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original ROG phone update.

ZT-a9606218
Rising Star I
When is Asus going to provide Android 11 update to this poor phone that I bought 3 years ago? And enable 4g VoLTE as well being in January 2022 3g will be discontinued starting with AT&T hence according to AT&T as well T-Mobile state that the original ROG phone will not work on their systems in 2022. Any relief for those of us who bought this phone?!? It seems Asus cares more about the ROG 3 and up then they do a 3 year old phone? Heck Samsung and OnePlus are still updating phones they sold 3 years ago. My OnePlus 6 is running Android 11 and will still work on AT&T and T-Mobile after the 3g shut down vs my ROG phone. Can't even sell it on eBay because of this issue.

31 REPLIES 31

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
hate to break it to you but the answer is never. The software support doesn't exist for the OG Rog phone.

ZT-a9606218
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

hate to break it to you but the answer is never. The software support doesn't exist for the OG Rog phone.

View post
Sadly, Asus had abandoned this poor phone. Hence why I will not buy any other Asus product like motherboards, graphic cards, phones, laptops, etc. Just wish Asus didn't treat their customers like ****. I spent good money and got burnt live and learn, I guess. Well, my OG phone will soon become a "brick" thanks to the 3G shutdown and new requirements carriers are imposing to use cellphones on their networks.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ZT-a9606218

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200597#Comment_200597

Sadly, Asus had abandoned this poor phone. Hence why I will not buy any other Asus product like motherboards, graphic cards, phones, laptops, etc. Just wish Asus didn't treat their customers like ****. I spent good money and got burnt live and learn, I guess. Well, my OG phone will soon become a "brick" thanks to the 3G shutdown and new requirements carriers are imposing to use cellphones on their networks.

View post
It was their first gaming phone so it makes sense that it most likely won't have much future.
Also don't compare ASUS's mobile devision with their other devisions. If you buy highend stuff, ASUS is top tier in notebook and motherboards, u'd do yourself a disfavor.
That being said @Gustav_ASUS , @ARP_ASUS since the OG Rog is not supported anyways, couldnt you guys ask the devs to release the sourcecode so that the community can keep the phone updated?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200850#Comment_200850

It was their first gaming phone so it makes sense that it most likely won't have much future.

Also don't compare ASUS's mobile devision with their other devisions. If you buy highend stuff, ASUS is top tier in notebook and motherboards, u'd do yourself a disfavor.

That being said @Gustav_ASUS , @ARP_ASUS since the OG Rog is not supported anyways, couldnt you guys ask the devs to release the sourcecode so that the community can keep the phone updated?

View post
I doubt any dev is interested in Rog 1 at this point plus the community for it is non existent rn afaik
Rog 2 and above have had much better luck on that aspect, official dev program and higher interest by general audience and ofcourse way better sales