sgt_conti
Star II
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Hello, i am pretty sure that no one @ ASUS will ever care about it, but i just want to report that the network Connectivity is terrible in germany, i have certain locations where the phone receives a 3G signal but it tells me i am offline and it does not connect to some 3G cells at all (i could offer specific cities where this is the case but no one is going to investigate there anyway). To fix this bug, i have to use *#*#4636#*#* and set network mode to WCDMA preferred, with this setting 3G starts working in all conditions but the phone does not connect to 4G anymore because, yea, WCDMA is preferred and i have to set this after every reboot because this settings bug has not been fixed in 10 years of android history. I am pretty sure that someone has programmed bugged modem software which hasnt been really tested in germany and this needs a fix, because there is no other fix available, not even with root and "disabling" 4G to get a decent signal strength is not what i call a "fix" either. What we need is a LTE preferred network mode that does the same thing that WCDMA preferred does, except for the fact that it should prefer LTE over 3G.
8 REPLIES 8

sgt_conti
Star II
I created many pictures showing the problem and the used settings, the internet does indeed work when certain modes are selected, but some modes are bugged (the default ones are among unfortunately).  I get fine LTE when using LTE only and i get fine 3G/2G when using Wcdma preferred, but the default "unknown" (whatever that is) has bugs...  https://imgur.com/a/sOBGJlz

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
sgt.conti posted on 2019/5/19 19:19 I created many pictures showing the problem and the used settings, the internet does indeed work wh ...
Hi sgt.conti, Thank you for your pictures. Could you kindly update to the latest firmware version WW-15.1630.1903.89, and check if the problem is still appearing? Thank you for your help 🙂

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
sashade8 posted on 2019/5/17 17:36 I want to support a colleague, I am also in Germany, and I also have an O2 operator, and when the ...
Hi sashade8, Thanks for your feedback. Could you show me a short video of this problem? To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us. When this problem appears, please screenshot the SIM status to make sure the signal strength. (Settings > System > About phone > Status > SIM status) What is your preferred network type? (Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Preferred network type) Have you tried a SIM card by another operator in the same location? Have you tried putting your SIM in other phones in the same location? Please kindly help with the above questions for us to make sure of this situation. Thank you 🙂

sgt_conti
Star II
It looks like the problem persists, i have to do further tests when i am back