This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

chcksndrs420
Star II
shiekudumanmohamed

Hi recently I bought a Rog phone 2 12gb 512gb model no 1001db from amazon I couldn't update android 10 can anyone tell me why

View post
When you bought it did it say Tencent version but also said international rom ?
If you did it's basically the Chinese version with rom on it and Asus doesn't support it, you'll have to go on Asus site and download the update there and place it on the phone manually to update.

azwadrab
Rising Star I
yogeshchaudhary890

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34211#Comment_34211

Same issue need help

View post
if ur router supports 5Ghz
ur device will also support 5Ghz

Mine working fine

nkantidakis
Star I
Hi I have this phone and I don't know how to update to android 10
2GW9ARETKLUV.jpg

chcksndrs420
Star II
nkantidakis

Hi I have this phone and I don't know how to update to android 10

2GW9ARETKLUV.jpg

View post
Asus official site, but no need right now it's buggy.

ROG Phone II BIOS & FIRMWARE | Phone | ASUS Global
Make sure download WW that you have and not CN or anything else.

renenapay
Star I
Hi guys! Just a piece of advice based on my personal experience. I got 12G/512G Rog Phone 2 with "Tencent Games" on the back. It's true that u won't get OTA updates and that is the main issue with it. But luckily I can still update my phone manually, just be careful of the firmware make sure you downloaded it thru the official website of Asus bios/firmware.