This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ViLTE support on ROG Phone2 !?

There's no native video calling support on this phone (Video over LTE). Whenever I choose to video call from the dialer it's redirects me to Duo to continue the video call using the internet. Is the phone using the outdated technology for this feature? Is there a solution to this or will I have to compromise on this?
1 REPLY 1

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Hey bud,
I am not too familiar with ViLTE but one thing I do know about it is, ViLTE is an extension of VoLTE, which enhances voice services with a high quality video channel. So Voice over LTE (VoLTE) is required for ViLTE to work.
The ROG Phone II has the hardware to support both VoLTE and ViLTE. The fact is ASUS hasn't gotten the green light from a lot carriers in the US and other countries like Singapore to actually support the device. You just can't enjoy that service and you got to compromise on this for a while yea..
It is not about you having VoLTE service included under your mobile plan...the device has to be supported by the carrier and I am sure whatever carrier you are using right now..they will tell you that the ROG Phone isn't on that list. Yet.