This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC ISSUE

screenshot-20210611-193919542.jpg
Hi since I updated my phone to the latest version, I'm starting to have a problem regarding to the mic. How can I fix it?
Asus Rog phone 2
15 REPLIES 15

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
And3k5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174032#Comment_174032

Does this mean we have to wait on the regular update? This one should need an update on its own.

I really hope this would arrive soon, since I really would appreciate my phone mic working properly in my situation lately.

If I have to wait several weeks or months, I might have to buy a new phone...

View post
We're working on providing a firmware update for this as soon as possible.

ZT-b8880637
Star I
Hello
Do we know When will be the next FOTA update ?
Leaving a bug on mic for 2 months on a phone that used to "call" is not normal.
I'd like to know When will be this next release please
Thanks

Freddetj
Star III
I had to give up waiting, revert back to Android 9 (including resetting my phone 🤮😡), and then update back to Android 10. I stopped updating at 2007.27. That was the sweet spot. Good battery, snappy, no bugs at all (for me at least).
After that every update has slowly but surely worsened battery life, heating while charging, screen refresh rate suddenly acting up, and now last but not least BOTH huge mic issues and unstable GPS.
Gustav and crew, please take this seriously. Don't send out updates that do lots more harm than good if you plan on letting us wait this long for the fixes.

At least give some kind of weekly report on how it's going with the fix

And3k5
Star I
Is there anything else I can do besides waiting?
I am looking forward to capturing some very important memories, which I can't do with this freaking issue.
- Is there an opportunity to downgrade the minimal update (so I keep the Android 10 version just before last update)?
- Is there a open source way for me to make an update myself?

I can't just sit here doing nothing. I really need to know an ETA or something, else I'm going to bin this brick.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
And3k5

Is there anything else I can do besides waiting?

I am looking forward to capturing some very important memories, which I can't do with this freaking issue.

- Is there an opportunity to downgrade the minimal update (so I keep the Android 10 version just before last update)?

- Is there a open source way for me to make an update myself?

I can't just sit here doing nothing. I really need to know an ETA or something, else I'm going to bin this brick.

View post
The only way to downgrade is to go back to Android 9 and update to Android 10.
Open source way? You can unlock bootloader and flash custom ROMs which is what you are referring to.