cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM radio

OPC
Zen Master II
Dear Asus, compliments on the phone!
My phone works as expected, I don't experience bugs or issues. I am actually amazed by my phone. I guess the question I have is the choice of the developer and not an issue.
To start the FM radio app I need to plug in headphones. Which is fine as it prevents accidental turning on the radio. But when I switch to speakers I still need to keep the headphones plugged in. Which is a nuisance as I have to carry the phone around the house with headphones hanging off the phone. Can you please enable to continue listening to the phone with headphones plugged out.
6 REPLIES 6

michelangalo
Star III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/23873#Comment_23873

You're absolutely correct, I just confirmed that the headphones are acting as the antenna for FM radio.

@OPC , that is why the headphones are required.

View post
Too bad it cant be used it with wireless headphones. It's better to not to give radio and remove any hardware associated with the radio to save the cost and weight.

deekjx
Star II
michelangalo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/23883#Comment_23883

Too bad it cant be used it with wireless headphones. It's better to not to give radio and remove any hardware associated with the radio to save the cost and weight.

View post
I like having my 3.5 mm jack. It provides better audio quality by providing for lossless audio. Its also useful for more than just headphones.
Having the radio is nice when you in an area without data service or during natural disasters. We get Hurricanes where I live and find comfort in the fact that I don't need data to learn about whats going on. It also takes less power than data so you could turn off your mobile data if you are low on battery and still listen music other than whats stored on the device. Just my two cents.