This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Clarified] ROG II Ultimate Band 71 and VoLTE T-Mobile?

penguinsquad
Star II
Will the ROG II Ultimate include Band 71? Its almost a requirement for T-Mobiles future network roll outs this coming year.
Also will there be support for T-Mobile VoLTE this time around?

Original ROG Owner
36 REPLIES 36

jbatista510
Star II
The Razer 2 supports VoLTE and Wifi calling. ASUS is just being cheap and does not want to pay to get certified. They clearly are aware 3G is going away but they don't give a damn for Rog phone customers. I've been reading the forum today and Rog Phone 1 got the royal shaft and still no PIE update.

ram4ufriends
Star II
Anders_ASUS

We're aware that 3G will go away with some carriers which do of course put more pressure on us to support their VoLTE but also puts pressure on those carriers to open up to more manufacturers. If they don't, then they will lose customers.

View post
This comment made me laugh...US carriers doesn't lose customers because Asus ROG Phone 2 doesn't have VoLTE....Asus loses customers because they don't have it...They just choose another phone...

ajb101
Star I
I can't see where to buy the Ultimate Edition anywhere? I thought it was supposed to be available in October?

Jomant
Star I
Have a Asus motherboard, a Asus Stix GPU and I had the ROG 2 in my cart just as I did some research..... Asus misses out big.... If they make it full TMobile proof (I am actually Project Fi aka Google Fi customer since Closed Alpha which utilized TMobile and Doing Networks)I would definitely get the 1 TB version direct from the Asus Shop..... If not... Well let's hope the Pixel 5 will be better then the current one. Just sad that Asus doesn't accommodate a more brought range of Operators...... They kinda shoot themselve in the foot with such a perfect device.

Jomant
Star I
waynewarrior78@gmail.com

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/20910#Comment_20910

Sorry but excuse me? All USA carriers are ending 3G. Is ASUS really taking the stand that people would leave their carriers over the ROG Phone 2 VoLTE? Does Asus not understand that every US carrier requires VoLTE. This is not a want but a need for continued use of the phone. I truly am baffled by this statement as it seems zero research was placed into the US market.

View post
+1 and like on that one. Someone at the Engineering desk was definitely sleeping. Well they gonna pay the price. It's not like USA is a small country with a tiny market. Hope they be able to sell it in Europe and don't loose to much money....... There is a saying..... Sometimes a kid needs to touch the hot surface to learn that it's hot!