Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI FI download speed!!!!?

andreist96
Star II

Hello everyone !

I am especially addressing this to the devs,

How is it possible that I have such low download speeds on WI FI 6 when my rog phone 3 easily exceeds 600mbs.

My rog phone 8 pro barely crosses the 200mbs line.. 

Please advise!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This may sound trivial, but try doing a full reset. I had something similar happen to me in an old phone of mine, a Oneplus 5. It went away after a complete restart.

If that doesn't help, then you should try and contact one of the moderators in the forum so they can push it to the developing team, as this would be considered a bug.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gtoonm
Rising Star I

Was this in the latest update? I know the phones got a sizeable firmware update soon after release.

That and I know that the method tends to change results, do you get the same results if you try the test in chrome and not the app?

andreist96
Star II

The latest update is installed.
In Chrome the exact same result with a +/-10 mbps difference.
The ping highly fluctuates in games also, which make MOBA games feel like a clunky unpleasent experience.
This is extremeley unsatisfying, ASUS should really look into this!
In the same environment, same game, my rog phone 3 does not have a single issue with the ping, its perfectly stable from start to finish, its obviously an issue with the rog 8.

This may sound trivial, but try doing a full reset. I had something similar happen to me in an old phone of mine, a Oneplus 5. It went away after a complete restart.

If that doesn't help, then you should try and contact one of the moderators in the forum so they can push it to the developing team, as this would be considered a bug.

1000000023.jpg

 This actually worked!

I'm impressed, thank you!