This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC on quick access

Okies
Star I

I was a happy user of the ASUS ROG Phone 5 until February this year when it got lost. The replacement because the 8 in the series, and I noticed a little... Issue?

On the ROG Phone 5, you would simply pull down the notification bar to get all your quick access visible. Here NFC was easily activated or deactivated for added safety.

Now... On the newest and improved ROG Phone 8, there is none. We have to go to the settings menu, then connectivity, and THEN disable or activate NFC, which is a roundabout way of doing it.

Why was this feature left out on the newer models? And then they stuff in something useless like font size on the quick access instead? Yeah cool if I wanted to show granny something, but I don't do that nearly enough that I need it on the quick access....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mattias_ASUS

Hello @Okies 

It is still there, if you swipe the notification bar twice, you'll see a little pen symbol to the bottom left, in there you can customize the tiles that will show up on your bar by holding and dragging them.
The NFC tile is there 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mattias_ASUS

Hello @Okies 

It is still there, if you swipe the notification bar twice, you'll see a little pen symbol to the bottom left, in there you can customize the tiles that will show up on your bar by holding and dragging them.
The NFC tile is there 🙂

Oh, my God! I would kiss you if I could!

On a secondary note... The BETA caller AI translation that rolled out on the Zenphone, will that come to the ROG Phone series as well? I have seen where to go in settings under the call option, but it's not there for me.

The AI Translation feature to my knowledge is a Zenfone exclusive feature, but will forward this as a suggestion to the team 🙂