This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on Asus Rog Phone 7 Get's progressively worse

Boundryx
Star II

As the title suggests, as the day goes on the Wifi connections get's progressively worse to non-existent. For example, I will reset the wifi on the phone and have 120mbs speed. After about two hours, the connection speed will be 500kbs to nonexistent and will not connect to apps / browsers that require internet connection. 

The only way to fix this is by pressing the "Fix connectivity" button in the Wifi settings on the phone. 

I know it is not the router as I do not have this problem on the other phone I had been using for four years on the same connection. 

9 REPLIES 9

Yes my rog phone 7 has the same problem. I even sent it in for repairs and it came back couldn't duplicate the problem. But when I sent it in I restarted my phone just in case they couldn't fix the phone n needed to send new. I went through a few start up screens on the device and left it in a specific spot. When I got it back 2 weeks later it was still in the same screen and wasn't even went threw.so now I'm stuck with an expensive POS. My rog 5s gets 700mbps and in the same room my rog 7 gets 9mbps.. it's a shame to I really like the rog series but after this I'm done with Asus. Horrible service..

azwadrab
Rising Star I

Nope never faced any of the issue u mentioned... 

I am on the latest firmware (217)

you can try one thing and check if the problem solves or not..

settings --> network & internet -> internet -> enable dual band WiFi 

What wifi router are you using. I am using the eero 6 wifi router.

Mattias_ASUS

Hi @Boundryx!

This sounds a bit odd, could you share a Log so I can send it to R&D? That way they can check what's going on., feel free to send me a PM when it's ready 🙂
Writing the instructions down here below.
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Wi-Fi ”
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Evermillion
Star II

After update latest firmware (225). Wifi signal strength weaker than before update.