cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog 7 auto update made my phone hot constantly

xy022708
Star I

IMG20240116112227.jpg

 there is no apps even running in the background. this is also after doing factory reset. phone is in latest firmware.

need help downgrading firmware. like step by step.  i followed i a similar thread but there's no links for the usb drivers , adb , fast boot..  and etc. hoping someone can help. i just bought it 2 months ago.

6 REPLIES 6

I wonder if you could help us by creating a log, that way our dev team can check what's going on with the device, I'll write the steps down below and when you are done please send me a PM with the link to the Log.

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

( To turn off automatic updates )

Hey,head to Dev options, scroll to "Automatic system updates" ,switch it off , then head to "System Updates" ,then tap on "Automatically download and install" tap on "Do not allow" ( that works for me ).

But to downgrade you might need to get the rom from those who archived the old ones

ask around ,maybe you'll find one who still has it 

Dont forget to backup data before downgrading