This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible audio equalization, any way to disable audio wizard?

tsbreuer
Star I
I have noticed that the audio wizard for some reason randomly decides to play with the equalizer to lower distortion or focus on a specific sound on the song, which ends up creating a mess.
I literally cannot manage to get it to sound properly through the entire song, because the audio wizard will try to though the entire song keep changing the balance to adapt, and it just ends up coming out as a complete shitfest. I have tried all 4 music modes and at this point i'm just looking for a way to disable the automatic equalization, let me deal myself with the distortion if it happens.
Its to the point i'm considering looking into rooting the phone and getting a custom rom when possible because this is terrible, it straight up makes the speakers go from sounding great to just sounding worse than any midrange garbage phone.
I really REALLY dont understand why you would make the audio equalizer not have an off option to just let us do what we want with it.
63 REPLIES 63

PhenomFX
Star III
imoc

Just FYI this phone has lowest audio latency I've ever used with Android, paired with 165Hz alone is worth buying FOR ME because I played a lot rely on these two specs. Can't wait 240Hz, soon? Just that crackling sound is weird, they might push the speakers too far with all these bass enhancement and outdoor mode without realizing they might explode the speakers. I may RMA it, depends.

Off topic: other downsides is no IR blaster and barometer, otherwise this phone is perfect FOR ME, you can say whatever you want and I can happily ignore you if you're just jerking around.

View post
I think it's more of a software issue, some related to hardware, but it seems the volume is trying to level the tones to the same level, which is not optimal for anything specially music.
Sometimes it works wonderful, but the more bass you have the more the quality going to drop probably, as you need to push a lot of air through those tiny holes.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
imoc

Just FYI this phone has lowest audio latency I've ever used with Android, paired with 165Hz alone is worth buying FOR ME because I played a lot rely on these two specs. Can't wait 240Hz, soon? Just that crackling sound is weird, they might push the speakers too far with all these bass enhancement and outdoor mode without realizing they might explode the speakers. I may RMA it, depends.

Off topic: other downsides is no IR blaster and barometer, otherwise this phone is perfect FOR ME, you can say whatever you want and I can happily ignore you if you're just jerking around.

View post
As for speakers crackling, you're almost right, it's not the speakers being pushed, it's the amp that cannot give enough power so it distorts frequencies.
As for audio latency, it's the same for almost all phones with the same QC dac inside it.
there is 1 thing I'm surprised about, you seem to be one of those rythm gamers. if thats the case, then why the fk are you buying a Rog6?
There are 2 things you should care about as a rythm gamer:
1.) Music quality
2.) Input lag
The Black shark 5 pro, is by far the best for rythm gamers. It has the lowest input lag and best speakers of any smartphone currently on the market. It is the number 1 choice for any rythmic mobile gamer. How the fk did you end up buying a more expensive phone which is significantly crappier for your usecase? How on earth do you think the Rog6 is perfect for your usecase when it clearly isn't. are you ok? 🤣

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

@Jesp.r

People who have no value like you are the reason the Rog phone went to hell. You have made it clear, you don't care about quality and will defend anything ASUS does, the Rog series is dead. Innovation is dead, only thing to come is more downgrades and cheapouts.

Unlike you there are people here who give a fk. You're the type of consumer that let apple, samsung and oneplus become what they are today, because you're so fking clueless and have no pride in being fked as a consumer that it's pathethic. As far as the Rog phone goes, it's only dowhill from here at this point, onec that pile of junk blew up and you get no replacement for free because ASUS tells you its liquid damage then you can take a hard look at yourself and ask why you had to be an idiot.

It's the rog5 users all over again, i fking warn you and once you got a burned dead brick you come back with pikachuface acting like nobody told you.

@waxy78611 Guys like us are screwed to many sheep buying, lets hope another brand picks up the slack. So far Lenovo Y90 looks absolutely amazing, sadly no global release yet. I guess at least we can enjoy the shtshow and wait for jerryrigs Rog6 kitkat video.

View post
I believe deep down they're regretting their choice, but don't want to admit it. It would have been better to throw their money down the toilet 🪠 :toilet:. But denial is a disease, along with Ego.
I was one of the first to own a rog 6, sent it back within 48 hours. Paying a silly price tag for downgraded speakers, 21hz extra display & a processor which will be outdated in 4 months thanks to the gen 2 is beyond ridiculous 🤣 Asus money grabbed, released the rog 6 few months shy of the gen 2 coming out.
I completely agree, Lenovo & black shark are taking over. I'm more interested in the black shark, the speakers on the 5 are easily the best on any smartphone

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223705#Comment_223705

I believe deep down they're regretting their choice, but don't want to admit it. It would have been better to throw their money down the toilet 🪠 :toilet:. But denial is a disease, along with Ego.

I was one of the first to own a rog 6, sent it back within 48 hours. Paying a silly price tag for downgraded speakers, 21hz extra display & a processor which will be outdated in 4 months thanks to the gen 2 is beyond ridiculous 🤣 Asus money grabbed, released the rog 6 few months shy of the gen 2 coming out.

I completely agree, Lenovo & black shark are taking over. I'm more interested in the black shark, the speakers on the 5 are easily the best on any smartphone

View post
That's actually a very good point, according to leakers the gen2 is a true evolution since 2016. Pretty sure ASUS is going to shoehorn the gen2 into the "Rog6s" without adressing any of the other issues.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223758#Comment_223758

That's actually a very good point, according to leakers the gen2 is a true evolution since 2016. Pretty sure ASUS is going to shoehorn the gen2 into the "Rog6s" without adressing any of the other issues.

View post
Yep, we should expect 6s version or even the 7 not long after the gen 2 announcement. I've been tempted to buy a secondary phone specifically for the camera but holding back purely because the gen 2 is a few months away. I'll either go for the Huawei mate 50 pro or any gen 2 phone for camera :camera_with_flash:. It would be silly &, a total waste of money to buy any gen 1 or gen 1+ phone right now, as their value will drop as soon as the gen 2 is released.