CHOOZR
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version: 2208.165
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Steady charging on the phone seems to be not working. Using rog 3 charger on the phone.
it took me 30mins there to get from 15 to like 80% of battery.

does anyone have such an issue too?
37 REPLIES 37

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Charging functions (power, 80-90% limit and end time) are software controlled, active when the phone is active or in standby. When it is off it is the software present on the chip integrated in the battery and programmed by the manufacturer 'of the battery' which controls the charge.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
DeLLiAnO

@Mattias_ASUS

Question: is it normal that steady charge only works when phone is on, but goes in to hypercharge when phone is off?

Because i thought for example (im not sure of it) that the rog 2 also did slow charge when phone was off. (With the included fast charger of rog)

View post
As funbike was mentioning, its software based, slow charge and limits are ignored when phone is off.

DeLLiAnO
Rising Star I
@FunBike31 @Danishblunt
K thank you for the respons.
Too bad it isn't slow charging when phone is off. (Except with verry low charger)

vomar82
Star I
I have the same issue since today after the last update 32.2810.2209.197. I have slowest charge enabled and charge limit to 80%. In 35 minutes battery goes from 28% to 100%. Accu battery said they I charged 1000 and something mA and it's obviously wrong.

vomar82
Star I
I have a question. If I download an old firmware version from the support page, put it into the mobile, and use the manual update, will it roll back to the older software version?