"Recent Apps"-Screen Issue with .241

alphaone268
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 6 16/512
Firmware Version: WW_32.2810.2212.241
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: reproducible
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Menü Button.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I found a new reproducible bug, that leeds to an Android System bug preventing/omitting the "Recent apps"-Screen.
Step to reproduce:
Press the menu button. (thats the button you usally use for "recent apps" - at least I think it's what it is called) or swipe up for your recent apps. (it doesn't matter if you chose navigation bar or gestures in the settings).
close ALL apps - event the locked ones. (it doesn't matter if you swipe them away one by one or all at once. just be sure all are swiped away - also the ones you actually locked.)
Press the menu button again or swipe up for the "recent apps"-screen. There shouldnt be any apps open anymore, but usually you get the screen with "no recent apps opened" or something like that. Instead the devices starts to react strangely:
Prevention of "Recent Apps"-Screen getting called by swiping up or pressing the menu button.
Even if you start an app like "settings" - when you swipe down the top bar and open the settings, you can't call the "Recent Apps"-Screen anymore.
Sometimes it's not only preventing or omitting the "Recent Apps"-Screen, sometimes the screen just freezes with "No Recent Apps" as an overlay over the home screen. But the home screen is not frozen as i can see my widgets still moving.
To fix this issue just restart your device, but mentioned steps above are still reproducible everytime!

Can anyone confirm this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

thuggs
Rising Star I

Still no fix or acknowledgment from Asus. How lazy are these people?  

I'm guessing we won't get one as it only affects 3rd party launchers. At least, I can't reproduce it with the stock Asus launcher that is.

Redlith
Star III

+1. Okay this is occuring also in my device using the latest update firmware. Hope the admin notice this and forward it to their developers.  Noticing this using 3rd party Launcher not in Stock Asus launcher.  Before update, my Launcher function normally.

Redlith
Star III

solution for this is refrain from using 3rd party launcher. to avoid sudden freeze.

Hope Asus Admin relay this to Dev and fix this bug.

I notice that they fix the inverted Recent App transition and now it's running normal.

TomRegular
Star II

Issue has been fixed in the latest update for me. 👍🏿👌🏿