Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 update will fix camera

cloud4919
Star III

Finally.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry to disappoint those who have issues with the front and main cameras not working. The Android 14 update (34.0210.0210.241) did not fix the issue for me. I just sent my ROG Phone 6 to the repair center today.

In my case, it seems to be a hardware issue. If I clear the camera app cache and reboot into safe mode or perform a factory reset with the charger plug in, the missing cameras are available again. But after disconnecting the charger and waiting a few moments, the camera app defaults to the super wide camera and no other cameras are available.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I'm sorry to disappoint those who have issues with the front and main cameras not working. The Android 14 update (34.0210.0210.241) did not fix the issue for me. I just sent my ROG Phone 6 to the repair center today.

In my case, it seems to be a hardware issue. If I clear the camera app cache and reboot into safe mode or perform a factory reset with the charger plug in, the missing cameras are available again. But after disconnecting the charger and waiting a few moments, the camera app defaults to the super wide camera and no other cameras are available.

Stev0
Star I

I have now got the same problem. Got the ROG 6 phone just before Dec 2023. All good until I did an update. Now the phone locks up when I use the Camera (Video Mode) and reboots. Clearing the Cache and resetting the device doesn't fix the issue. I'm updating to Android 14 now. Hopefully it works as it has for you, Cloud4919

Since writing this article, I have used the camera about 30 to 50 times every day and have not encountered any problems.

According to the previous author, it could be a hardware issue, but in my case, a firmware update completely solved it.

Good luck

If you are experiencing issues with the camera make sure to reach out to your closest ASUS Service Center for evaluation.