Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
i.liftking

I am facing the same issue since last week. It was my biggest mistake to invest in asus flagship phone. Now i can't even use Hotspot for work from home purpose.

View post
Yes, after zero after sales service vand cowardly behaviour of Asus to accept this manufacturing defect surely cost them at least lose of current user base and future ones like we have apple or samsung fan base. This will surely my first and last device from Asus for me and all my contacts. Keep it on Asus to sell manufacturing defect device and don't utter a single word about that.

rizviancoy
Star I
I also faced the same problem last week, and got motherboard replacement yesterday. It only took 7 days in Indonesia to fix my rog phone 5. I just using my phone for about 25 days before the wifi and hotspot can't be turned on.

Anyone here still faced the same wifi + hotspot problem after the motherboard replacement? It's hard to resell this phone, because the imei on the phone is different from the box. Yet, they didn't change the box or the box sticker as compensation for imei changing

i_liftking
Star III
rizviancoy

I also faced the same problem last week, and got motherboard replacement yesterday. It only took 7 days in Indonesia to fix my rog phone 5. I just using my phone for about 25 days before the wifi and hotspot can't be turned on.

Anyone here still faced the same wifi + hotspot problem after the motherboard replacement? It's hard to resell this phone, because the imei on the phone is different from the box. Yet, they didn't change the box or the box sticker as compensation for imei changing

View post
Thanks for the information. I am not willing to replace motherboard as of now. Since even after replacing motherboard people are not able to connect wifi and Hotspot.
Its a shame so many customers are going through this issue and asus is not making any official statement about it. Isn't it feel like some cheap phone branded as flagship phone when they launched.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
i.liftking

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183997#Comment_183997

Thanks for the information. I am not willing to replace motherboard as of now. Since even after replacing motherboard people are not able to connect wifi and Hotspot.

Its a shame so many customers are going through this issue and asus is not making any official statement about it. Isn't it feel like some cheap phone branded as flagship phone when they launched.

View post
Do you have any sources and user nicknames to confirm this, namely that after the replacement of the motherboard by Asus, the Wifi breaks down and it would be necessary to change the motherboard a second time?

This information, without ever citing even a single concrete case, has been circulating by the same person in several discussions since 08/15. This is called an unfounded rumor.

The breakdown of WIFI is very real, it is a proven fact.
It concerns an unknown number of users in% of device delivered.
The Asus service is rather good or disastrous depending on the region and country. from a few days free of charge to + 30 days and $ 40 shipping costs.
Asus is changing the motherboard, (proof of the IMEI change)
There is no user who repaired Wifi with factory reset or firmware
Users who have had the motherboard changed have an operational WIFI. I have not read a user complaining again about the WIFI failure after the change, in the europe, frandroid (france), reddit (us), zentalk (here and Chinese) discussions
The users who have a WiFi failure are those who have not returned their devices.
Here are the facts from my point of view, I follow carefully because I have a lot of friends who are still waiting for my opinion, the WiFi failure is no longer in the negative criteria because it will come from a series and not from a toast or medium strength. It's a shame of course that ASUS is so little communicating about the real reason.

SujitMaximum
Star III
Kapernaum

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182965#Comment_182965

I'm from Mizoram, i don't know where is the service center. Please tell me where it is😶

View post
Sorry bro please google it..