Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Android 12 Firmware (.83)

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Asus begins rolling out update for Rog Phone 5 and 5S to Android 12

No details yet, just the version number, sorry
As the batch distribution can be long, it will allow you to know that there is one in progress and to download it when Asus puts it on the download, which is not done yet, the latest Firmware is always .77 on Asus sites.

I advise you to turn off your phone and turn it back on before updating when you receive the notification (count between 5 and 10 days I think)

Not yet downloadable for manual update,
【version number】
【Applicable models】
ROG Phone 5 (ZS673KS)
ROG Phone 5s (ZS676KS)

【release date】
2022/05/11

12 REPLIES 12

waxy78611
Zen Master I
How did you find this firmware?

I'm still on A11 .229. Excellent battery life, no heating, UI is smooth & Speakers sound solid

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I did not find it, just the info of the version number and that it will arrive. When ?
Me too, Android 11 but in .231, which should have made a correction for the load in PD/PPS and which is not done.
No difference or correction found between .229 and .231
4g/4g+/5g mobile data cut, usb-c low PD/PPS, QTI.com service, non-erasable application cache in the pro profile (twin-app) it's bug are still there and present in the 2 firmwares.
To see and follow the comments of Android 12 and the speed of corrections by Asus, I think I will stay there while waiting for Android 13, praying hard it might work 🙂

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
FunBike31

Asus begins rolling out update for Rog Phone 5 and 5S to Android 12

No details yet, just the version number, sorry

As the batch distribution can be long, it will allow you to know that there is one in progress and to download it when Asus puts it on the download, which is not done yet, the latest Firmware is always .77 on Asus sites.

I advise you to turn off your phone and turn it back on before updating when you receive the notification (count between 5 and 10 days I think)

Not yet downloadable for manual update,

【version number】

【Applicable models】

ROG Phone 5 (ZS673KS)

ROG Phone 5s (ZS676KS)

【release date】

2022/05/11

Upcoming Android 12 Firmware (.83)
How did you find?
Always talk about why without relevance

kushagrabansal0
Star III
I'm on .77 A12..... Way too Much Overheating + Way to Many Frame drops as Compared to Other 888+ Devices..... Rog 5/5s worked fine till December. For some users..... Others Got Wifi issues.
Sad...... 😞