This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 5s pro do not have rear touch after going for repair

vamsikrisna
Star III
My ROG Phone 5s Pro was over heating and had low battery life from the beginning. When I gave it to the service center the first time, they said they replaced battery and gave it back in 3 days. I doubt if they did anything except for downgrading the firmware. After few days of using again with low battery life the phone died while in sleep the day before it was to be submitted for the repair. This time they said that they had to replace the motherboard and took 15 days. Unfortunately I lost my data. The original issue with the battery still remains and also the rear touch slide is not working anymore and is not even shown in the settings. The battery takes in only 2800 mAh while measured using usb volt and ammeter.
screenshot-20221121-235724806.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

vamsikrisna
Star III
The phone comes with dual battery setup. Please check your website before telling me that it does not come with dual setup.
@Jiaszzz_ASUS
@FunBike31

vamsikrisna
Star III
I am unable to post a link to the website so I am posting the screenshots for you from the website.
screenshot-20221209-160020637-7e2.jpg
screenshot-20221209-155952189-7e2.jpg

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Do you reset the usb test before new capacity measurement?, I think so because on the majority of models the displayed capacity will increase each time but I have already seen models where the capacity was and remained at the same first measure.
Otherwise, your value corresponds, unfortunately, to the capacity of a single battery or to 50% of the 2 batteries, in the latter case the batteries would be dead, easy to diagnose, the discharge slope in use will drop sharply, for example 100, 90,80,70,60,50.0
A bit like your curve on screen but more violent.

You should post a Screen of the usb test at 0-5% (at the start of charging) with hours/minutes, then a 2nd at 50% + hh:mm and a 3rd at the end of charging always with hh:mm, you go to the service center with the screens and you make them eat the ROG 5

vamsikrisna
Star III
FunBike31

Do you reset the usb test before new capacity measurement?, I think so because on the majority of models the displayed capacity will increase each time but I have already seen models where the capacity was and remained at the same first measure.

Otherwise, your value corresponds, unfortunately, to the capacity of a single battery or to 50% of the 2 batteries, in the latter case the batteries would be dead, easy to diagnose, the discharge slope in use will drop sharply, for example 100, 90,80,70,60,50.0

A bit like your curve on screen but more violent.

You should post a Screen of the usb test at 0-5% (at the start of charging) with hours/minutes, then a 2nd at 50% + hh:mm and a 3rd at the end of charging always with hh:mm, you go to the service center with the screens and you make them eat the ROG 5

View post
Yes, i did reset the usb tester before charging the phone. I did not understand the last part. You mean a picture at 0-5 percent and then at 50 and at 100 ?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
vamsikrisna

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/241004#Comment_241004

Yes, i did reset the usb tester before charging the phone. I did not understand the last part. You mean a picture at 0-5 percent and then at 50 and at 100 ?

View post
Yes, to see the progress and the charging time, but hey, that won't fix it and given the incompetence of your service center as well as the honesty strongly questioned *, a 3rd intervention does not seem to be the right one solution, put pressure on ASUS to obtain a standard exchange.
*battery replacement
The connection between the 2 batteries is not ensured by a removable connector, a new battery includes the 2 elements connected by a welded flat cable.
Hard to imagine that the firmware of the battery does not go into default and delivers a power supply with one battery ok and the other dead, it must integrate a very important load balancing function for safety.
To remove any ambiguity and not to accuse wrongly, it's quite simple to know if the 2 elements are worn to 50% or if there is only one element in service (new battery with disconnected cable)
Remember the time of a game when the device was new, example 5h
If the 2 batteries are worn out, at 50% they are dead, the same game will never reach 2.50h
If the cable no longer connects the batteries but they are new and only one works, this time should be close to 2.50h.