This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Air Trigger Malfunction

LHS
Star III

My Air Trigger for ROG Phone 5 is not working again.

Last month if I remember correctly, I upgraded my system software to Android 13, and I just recently found that my air trigger isn't working anymore, and then after a couple of days, you guys (the ASUS Team) deployed an update to us, which the version is 33.0210.0210.229, and bingo, my air triggers are working again. 

And today 15 November 2023, there is a new update version 33.0210.0210.235, and of course, I did that to "Optimized System STaBilitY" which isn't even stable, and guess what? my Air Trigger not functioning again. 

Can you help? or at least I need to roll back the updated version to 33.0210.0210.229.

Thank you

45 REPLIES 45

LHS
Star III

Yeah this is kinda long wait. If this issue persist with famous people they will rush to fix it. But we are just commoner i guess. "not important" person to them. **bleep**ty customer service

Hello @everyone 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please try to do a hardware reset of your device by following the steps in this FAQ. Don't forget to back up your data before doing so: 

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

If the reset does not work, please reach out to your local repair center for further help. Thank you! 

https://www.asus.com/support/rma-location/

What part of my explanation you think this is my hardware problem, Jesus Christ, my trigger was wroking fine BEFORE THE SOFTWARE UPDATE .235.  In update 229 it is fixed, its working again. what part of this you dont understand, ooohhhhhh how i wish i could slap the developers in the face. You know what, f it. I'm just wasting my time arguing to some capitalist company.

You took the words right out of my mouth Mann. I even said in my original post that I've already done a reset like this ohh so concerned Asus employee suggested. Asus needs to step their game up. I been on team Asus for years but this is just pathetic... They keep giving us the most basic , general advice that we've all tried over and over again and have gotten nowhere. it's like they don't even give a sh#! That were having these problems... They already got our money. And fixing this problem that so many people here are having would mean that we wouldn't have to buy a new one. and that means less money for them. it's almost like they want this to happen so we're forced to upgrade to the newer model rog that incall honesty isn't that different from the previous two models. Instead of the rog 5 we get the rog 6 or 7 which is all but identical in regards to functions and capabilities but has a new body design and maybe some more RGB lights . And that's supposed to be enough to justify a $1000+ purchase every year ... Sounds alot like apple and the iPhone.. and we all know how money hungry and customer unfriendly they are.. sorry for my rambling but at the end of the day this trigger problem that we are all having is 100% fixable but for whatever reason (more than likely money) Asus isn't doing a darn thing about it. Pathetic man really pathetic  

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but it is recommended to reach out to your repair center. Thank you!