This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Air Trigger Malfunction

LHS
Star III

My Air Trigger for ROG Phone 5 is not working again.

Last month if I remember correctly, I upgraded my system software to Android 13, and I just recently found that my air trigger isn't working anymore, and then after a couple of days, you guys (the ASUS Team) deployed an update to us, which the version is 33.0210.0210.229, and bingo, my air triggers are working again. 

And today 15 November 2023, there is a new update version 33.0210.0210.235, and of course, I did that to "Optimized System STaBilitY" which isn't even stable, and guess what? my Air Trigger not functioning again. 

Can you help? or at least I need to roll back the updated version to 33.0210.0210.229.

Thank you

45 REPLIES 45

LHS
Star III

I guess they will never fix it, seeing how they tease ROG Phone 8 already, Dev team must focus on that platform. It's like forcing us to upgrade our phone. So yeah, here we are, stuck because it's probably 90% intentional.

LBJL
Star II

Guys , did you figure out anyway to fix this air trigger issue, I am stuck and can't use my rog 5 anymore.

We don't have an answer man, even the forum  moderator not active, because they like to pretend this issue is not happening. 

Nope my friend, it seems like the only solution is still rolling back to Android 12 and that's pretty bs.

I tried one last thing before. I wrote some hardware and gaming magazines (gamestar.de and pcgh.de) if they can ask Asus what's going on with their devices. Maybe something comes around 

ZT-5e68f839
Star II

All they have to do is upload the software back to the website so we can roll back to Android 12 but no they want to delete everything they need to upload all the software so we can download Android 12 and fix the problem myself