Did you mean: 

Rog phone 5 6000mah acting as 4500mah

yosef019
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 5 global 256/16
Firmware Version: 26
Frequency of Occurrence
hello why battery life of the phone become to close to phones with 4500mah 5000 battery
if you know asus that phone cook itself inside you rater supply the phone with SD 870 the 128/8 version
even s21 ultra same battery life as rog 5 with 1ui that eats battery
black shark 4 / 4pro even have same battery life as rog 5
any chance have same battery life as rog phone 2?
20 REPLIES 20

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
waxy78611

The culprit is the overheating, poor and lazy optimisation by asus and the android system eating battery (again down to asus lazy and poor optimization?

View post
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165986#Comment_165986

But the Android System battery drain isn't normal... The same issue was on rog 2 and asus fixed it with software update... Many other phones have had this same issue with Android System high battery drain..

View post
Battery optimization is one of our main priorities of any phone manufacturer. There are different ways to do it with pros and cons. Then there's also different hardware and don't forget that some manufacturers have an army of developers at their disposal. Lazy and poor doesn't belong here but with that said, there might be some new bug/battery drain that I haven't heard about. I'm checking with my colleagues in TW and will get back to you once I know.
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/165986#Comment_165986

But the Android System battery drain isn't normal... The same issue was on rog 2 and asus fixed it with software update... Many other phones have had this same issue with Android System high battery drain..

View post
Just because you see higher usage by Android System doesn't mean that it's the same bug. You're jumping to conclusions.
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166073#Comment_166073

It's too much isnt it even if it is just the screen 😞 I mean when it gets 35 degrees outside many people can't bear it, so imagine doubling that 😕 that's what we're expected to touch on a phone 🤔🤔🤔

View post
He measured exactly where the SD888 is located on ROG 5. A more scientific measurement would be to use a thermal camera. All the hottest components are placed in the middle of ROG 5 so your hands won't feel as much discomfort.
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166024#Comment_166024

Battery draining is driving me crazy , 22% drain overnight , with wifi , 7 hours @Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS guys i factory reset twiced and installed full firmware with twrp , still samd issue

screenshot-20210509-075857400.jpg

@gustafsson.richard (idk where you come from , I didn't tagged you)

Ik its rog 5 section and mine is rog 3 but the topic is regarding same thats why

View post
22% is the highest over-night battery drain I've ever heard but it doesn't show or make sense when I look at your battery stats. Anyhow, if you can replicate it, then I would be interested to get a log from you. I will send you a PM

KillSwitch
Star III
Well I have the same battery drain issue but somewhat less than 22%. Would appreciate if anyone from Asus can have a look

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've sent a PM to almost all of you

JOHN_RAMBO
Star I
Same as mine...
yosef019

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: rog 5 global 256/16
  2. Firmware Version: 26
  3. Frequency of Occurrence

hello why battery life of the phone become to close to phones with 4500mah 5000 battery

if you know asus that phone cook itself inside you rater supply the phone with SD 870 the 128/8 version

even s21 ultra same battery life as rog 5 with 1ui that eats battery

black shark 4 / 4pro even have same battery life as rog 5

any chance have same battery life as rog phone 2?

Rog phone 5 6000mah acting as 4500mah

JohnOn
Star I
Mine is rog phone 5 256 +16,when on gaming,battery % reach to 15,after 10minutes become zero and shut down without notification,is it anybody face this problem?