sharmaishant204
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
The WiFi is not turning on. Whatever I do it wont get fixed, I even reset my phone but still its wont turn on. As a person that doesn’t bring thier phone outside very much I don’t have enough data. The phone is basically rendered useless for me until it gets fixed.
70 REPLIES 70

FunBike31
Community Legend I
In France, it looks like this
He is no worse deaf than someone who does not want to hear
and that you must be stubborn like a Breton
Or you troll the forum, if not, again there is no known solution but to contact a service center, since time and number of cases, no need to do a long diagnosis, just say that it is no longer possible to activate Wifi, that will be enough 😞

Eftapsixos
Star III
To all of you talking about motherboard replacement WATCH OUT!!
They are replacing your motherboard with refurbished - reconditioned - USED ones so ask them to put new mobos. By replacing the motherboard they are also CHANGING THE IMEI so if you have plans for reselling it know that if i was a buyer I wouldn't buy it with a different IMEI from what is written on the box.
Also if 15 DAYS haven't passed from day of purchase you might be eligible for device replacement NO QUESTION ASKED. (at least thats how it is in Europe)
Dont make this suckers in Asus any favors and ask what is your right as a buyer to ask.
Mine had problem from start with microphone, spoke with support after 15 days and they replaced my mobo with a used one and problem is still there. I'm talking with shop I bought it from to get my money back the next few days.
YOU ARE A BUYER ITS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THOSE THINGS BEFORE SELLING THEIR PHONE. DEMAND YOUR RIGHTS

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Eftapsixos

To all of you talking about motherboard replacement WATCH OUT!!

They are replacing your motherboard with refurbished - reconditioned - USED ones so ask them to put new mobos. By replacing the motherboard they are also CHANGING THE IMEI so if you have plans for reselling it know that if i was a buyer I wouldn't buy it with a different IMEI from what is written on the box.

Also if 15 DAYS haven't passed from day of purchase you might be eligible for device replacement NO QUESTION ASKED. (at least thats how it is in Europe)

Dont make this suckers in Asus any favors and ask what is your right as a buyer to ask.

Mine had problem from start with microphone, spoke with support after 15 days and they replaced my mobo with a used one and problem is still there. I'm talking with shop I bought it from to get my money back the next few days.

YOU ARE A BUYER ITS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THOSE THINGS BEFORE SELLING THEIR PHONE. DEMAND YOUR RIGHTS

View post
In France, in my forums, a user who posts the same message (copy / paste) in several threads, especially written in capitals with false and incomplete information, he is banned, in your case, there is no insult, that would be a warning.
- Refurbished motherboard, for a phone :), does not even require a comment, you made me smile anyway 🙂

For your information, there is no law in EU for a refund within 15 days.
Refund within 30 days, if the product cannot be repaired or exchanged within this period, only applies for certain product and it is not compliant.
Refund within 2 years in the event of a breakdown if it cannot be repaired or exchanged or in the event of a hidden defect.
Everything else is tied to the politics of online stores and sellers. When the same teaches at a website and stores, the policy is usually different. it is often more advantageous to order online (reimbursement), in store (only if the product has not been unpacked, otherwise to have). the deadline can go from 7 days to 30 days depending on the sign. This of course if the product does not please you, in the event of a breakdown, each case is unique and may be more advantageous than the legal warranty.

Eftapsixos
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186748#Comment_186748

In France, in my forums, a user who posts the same message (copy / paste) in several threads, especially written in capitals with false and incomplete information, he is banned, in your case, there is no insult, that would be a warning.

- Refurbished motherboard, for a phone :), does not even require a comment, you made me smile anyway 🙂

For your information, there is no law in EU for a refund within 15 days.

Refund within 30 days, if the product cannot be repaired or exchanged within this period, only applies for certain product and it is not compliant.

Refund within 2 years in the event of a breakdown if it cannot be repaired or exchanged or in the event of a hidden defect.

Everything else is tied to the politics of online stores and sellers. When the same teaches at a website and stores, the policy is usually different. it is often more advantageous to order online (reimbursement), in store (only if the product has not been unpacked, otherwise to have). the deadline can go from 7 days to 30 days depending on the sign. This of course if the product does not please you, in the event of a breakdown, each case is unique and may be more advantageous than the legal warranty.

View post
This is not France... But you are free to contact the admins to get me banned.
Can't find anywhere that you can't use caps go back to your mirc rules u punk
You can take your smile and your trash ironic 2,3 answers from above and put it where the sun doesn't shine
screenshot-20210920-123416788-281-29.jpg
screenshot-20210920-123624889-281-29.jpg

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Thank you for your personal advice, I'll think about it
It does not prevent that you do not know what you are talking about and that you misinterpret the pdf with your statement below
"They are replacing your motherboard with refurbished - reconditioned -"
There are several decades that for this type of defective components the only operations are the recovery of metals to be remelted.
The motherboard of defective phones is replaced with a new one, in the case of the Rog 5 it is a new revision.
Users will either receive their repaired phones or another phone that has been repaired, in both cases unfortunately there is a risk that the phone will be damaged externally (but with a new motherboard).