dins1703
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: Version WW-18.0840.2111.196
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 5 to 6 times a day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The phone restarts on its own multiple times a day. I am noticing this issue after the recent firmware update. Please confirm if this happening for other users

Please tell me the steps to revert to the previous version of firmware.
5 REPLIES 5

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi dins1703,
Can you tell me how often the restart occurs?
Have you tried factory reset on your phone once after the update?
Any Apps installed after the new update?

dins1703
Star I
It's occurs many times a day. Whenever I do something faster like swiping the pages for apps, going back , going home , swiping left from home to Google now etc

Once its gets restarted, it does restarts two three times on quick succession. Then whenever I start doing something faster as mentioned above. It's happens again
Factory reset is done and doesn't help
No news apps have been installed

Please help

EskimoViking
Star I
dins1703

It's occurs many times a day. Whenever I do something faster like swiping the pages for apps, going back , going home , swiping left from home to Google now etc

Once its gets restarted, it does restarts two three times on quick succession. Then whenever I start doing something faster as mentioned above. It's happens again

Factory reset is done and doesn't help

No news apps have been installed

Please help

View post
Mine restarts on its own as well but I found a work around sort of, I turn my hotspot on and connect another device and it seems to keep my phone from restarting. I am starting to think it has to do with battery optimization which could be the cause of the random restarts.

If I leave my phone idle and nothing connected to the hotspot it will restart on its own.

I have a trace log report of my phone from when I let it do its thing to restart just need someone willing to comb through the file.

ShlomiCassi
Star III
I think the last update did a lot of damage.. My aura lightning dosent work since ive update my phone (also rog phone 5).
Lemme know if u find a way to download the previous version .