journeywithme06
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 5 16 256
Firmware Version:. 49
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
We really are not getting a stable.2.84 Ghz of clockespeed. As soon as you turn on the xmode plus. It goes down to 1.56. Ive seen a video in youtube "rog 5 preformance issue" and its more than a month already, is this a hardware issue? Or a software? If this is a software, when are going to have a fix on this one. This is serious. No other SD 888 phone, is having this issue.
https://youtu.be/2-xqz2ZiwJU

18 REPLIES 18

N7EVOX
Star II
Here is the joke...
Gaming phone....

screenshot-20210617-215947296.jpg

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
journeywithme06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/172164#Comment_172164

Why would you not expect having the 100% frequency? You have already set it to xmode, in preperation for any heavy loads the phone will encounter, avoiding delays. Other SD 888 phone can lock it to 100%, rog 3 seems to lock it. Why cant rog 5 do it?

You may not be able to notice it if your playing ordinary game, but pubg, life after and other heavy games, youll notice the difference. Youll only get a maximum of 2.5 Ghz and much worse. It does not stay there for long and revert back to 1.56. Items in game tends to load much slower compared to xiaomi m11. note that both of the phone are connected to the same internet.

Now, why would you not expect to have it stay on 100% frequency?

View post
as a CODM player that enjoys 3.1ghz stable on his Rog3 I couldn't agree more. The difference between running with flucting clockspeeds and stable full speed is imense, it's much more responsive and frametimes are rock stable, with fluctuations you realy have stupid input lag issues and unstable frametimes causing very laggy and annoying gameplay.
Also, I did read lots of reports about SD 888 performing weird even on other gaming phones, while obviously Rog5 being the worst, I've warned people about this times and times again but people do not want to listen and get angry at me while calling me a hater, meanwhile I've seen 2 of said people here complaining about performance and other issues. 🙄

journeywithme06
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/172233#Comment_172233

as a CODM player that enjoys 3.1ghz stable on his Rog3 I couldn't agree more. The difference between running with flucting clockspeeds and stable full speed is imense, it's much more responsive and frametimes are rock stable, with fluctuations you realy have stupid input lag issues and unstable frametimes causing very laggy and annoying gameplay.

Also, I did read lots of reports about SD 888 performing weird even on other gaming phones, while obviously Rog5 being the worst, I've warned people about this times and times again but people do not want to listen and get angry at me while calling me a hater, meanwhile I've seen 2 of said people here complaining about performance and other issues. 🙄

View post
You are right. And im sorry for earlier. You should atleast tone down hiw you respond to others especially their cocnerns. Rog 3 seems to be more stabke in terms of clockspeed. Is this a software issue that can be fixed? If nit im cinsidering selling this ohine and settling for rog 3.

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II

journeywithme06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/172275#Comment_172275

You are right. And im sorry for earlier. You should atleast tone down hiw you respond to others especially their cocnerns. Rog 3 seems to be more stabke in terms of clockspeed. Is this a software issue that can be fixed? If nit im cinsidering selling this ohine and settling for rog 3.

View post
Same issue, And according to @Danishblunt that this is a software, which I hope it is. I am just hoping the they can resolve this issue soon and it will be delivered on the next update, also with the throttling and stuttering issue. If not, it is really disappointing and regretful having this phone. Considering the next step as you.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
This is a software issue because they reduced the performance so the temps are down,it was mentioned on the update
And even a moderator defended the company's choice because of ungrateful rog 3 users complaining about thermals
Rog 5 can achieve the same thermals as rog 3 but with 50% less performance which is absolutely disgraceful
Next time you buy a phone,wait for a few months,because even happy rog 5 users are lying that they are happy with this phone