Rogphone5gabi
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 5
Firmware Version: 2.84GHz ,16GB ram
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi I'm trying to connect my phone to the elgato capture card , the elgato is saying that I need to change the video output on the game console and that it is not supporting 1080p 120fps ,but the problem is that I changed it to 60fps in every setting that I found but it still saying that it's not supporting 1080p 120 (the capture card is getting 120fps from the phone) ,is there another section or way that I need to change the fps? How can I fix it ?
7 REPLIES 7

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Rogphone5gabi

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: rog phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 2.84GHz ,16GB ram
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi I'm trying to connect my phone to the elgato capture card , the elgato is saying that I need to change the video output on the game console and that it is not supporting 1080p 120fps ,but the problem is that I changed it to 60fps in every setting that I found but it still saying that it's not supporting 1080p 120 (the capture card is getting 120fps from the phone) ,is there another section or way that I need to change the fps? How can I fix it ?

Can't streaming game with rog phone 5
It's not the FPS, It's because the HDMI output has HDCP. It's some sort of encryption to prevent people from ripping Blue rays and such. These capture cards obviously dont have HDCP support so the signal won't work. You need an HDMI splitter with HDCP stripping ability in order to stream your content. They are rather cheap so there should be no problem purchasing one.

Rogphone5gabi
Star I
Thank you for your comment, I've brought an hdmi splitter and its still saying the same.. is there a specific type of hdmi splitter that I need?
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48025/cant-streaming-game-with-rog-phone-5

It's not the FPS, It's because the HDMI output has HDCP. It's some sort of encryption to prevent people from ripping Blue rays and such. These capture cards obviously dont have HDCP support so the signal won't work. You need an HDMI splitter with HDCP stripping ability in order to stream your content. They are rather cheap so there should be no problem purchasing one.

View post

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Rogphone5gabi

Thank you for your comment, I've brought an hdmi splitter and its still saying the same.. is there a specific type of hdmi splitter that I need?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/166456#Comment_166456

View post
as noted before it has to be a splitter that strips the encryption. A regular splitter won't do.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
look for "HDMI splitter HDCP stripper"