This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13

mailtoazim
Star II

My Rog 5 phone has received Android 13 update.

Is it okay to update this software or not and will it support Rog 5 phone. Please suggest.

8 REPLIES 8

rStar
Rising Star II

For normal use you'll be fine.

As a gamer's perspective, you'll regret.

Since MAX Cpu speed is locked to 1.31Ghz since last major update and only way to bypass it is by using Advanced option of Hardcore Tuning.

I do this play Games like NEW STATE MOBILE, BATTLEGROUND MOBILE_IN on 90 FPS with the help of Mini Usb fan to keep the temp around 40-44.

After updating to Android 13 phone is overheating, it reaches 47-48°C now. So i can't play on 90Fps anymore. Exceeding 45°C will have adverse effect on long duration gameplay.

On Android 12 i was able to Stream Live Gameplay on YouTube in 720p60fps while playing on 60fps. Now i can't or i shouldn't/mustn't.

Meanwhile Asus devs who check my comments would be laughing in a corner & saying: Deal with it or Upgrade to series 7 model. 🙂🥲

You're basically slowly killing your phone at playing such high temps. Try to keep it below 35 

Even if you set Performance to Same as System Setting/Dynamic. Phone temp rises up to 41-42°c and stay around 38-40. So you basically can't keep it below 35 unless you live in cold weather whole year.

No heat = no performance... Take any equipment.

Keeping it cool is a different thing.Asus should have known and done it better. Ask them why they've teased Aero active cooler 6 for rog 5 and why they're talking too much about cooling now. Their reputation is in mud now for a reason.

Air con and an actual fan should solve the issue but that's not very practical but at least your hands won't burn