GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG Phone 3 16/512
Firmware Version: .78
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence:Optional by me
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I did not take a screenshot but yesterday I reached 50 Celsius for 10 minutes and then I turned the phone off out of fear.In about 5 minutes it returned to 36 Celsius with charging according to my estimations so it was fine.
The reason i reached so high was because I maxed out Genshin impact for stable 60fps with EVERYTHING both on game graphics and X modes hardcore tuning with EVERYTHING on red.After a short while,when entering a boss battle with lots of action,the phone reached 50 Celsius and stayed like that until the end of the battle.I saw some frame drops to 55 or 57 but only for like 4 or 6 times.
And my question is,since I'm maxing out the chip with the hardcore tuning option quite often,will that Damage any internals for each time I do it?
screenshot-20201027-232608485.jpg
Yes,all options are on red,not just these ones.
11 REPLIES 11

devicentextian
Rising Star II
I think 50c still Kind a low, But since the CPU and GPU close to the metal where it dissipate the heat it makes it hot to touch.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
devicentextian

I think 50c still Kind a low, But since the CPU and GPU close to the metal where it dissipate the heat it makes it hot to touch.

View post
So you are saying the insides won't get damaged because the heat stays outside?

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
nightmaster552

No worries. 50c isnt even remotely any issue. Youd have to start be concerned once u hit around 80

View post
So I can enable X mode but maxed out as many times as I want without getting worried about the battery or the chip itself?

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/38983/will-the-heat-damage-the-internals

I cant go over 40° but i may vary upon different places with different temperatures

View post
I am getting 27 Celsius by doing anything else than gaming,so my room temperature isn't affecting it,then even on X mode it depends on the game
The most demanding game is Genshin impact and only then will I get more than 42 celsius

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127855#Comment_127855

So I can enable X mode but maxed out as many times as I want without getting worried about the battery or the chip itself?

View post
Pretty much, you really don't need to worry about temps on the rog3, the cooling is nuts. Due to the very efficient and well designed nature of the passive cooling a lot of people have the idea that the phone overheats because it's hot to the touch, while in reality it's hot to the touch because the cooling actually works really well since it dissapates heat on the front panel and back panel of the phone with a heatsink and a massive vapor chamber.
Samsung phones reach well over 80c and start thermal throttling to prevent them from dying to give you an idea about thermal limits or concerns.