This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tap and pay no longer working at all.

Serenity
Star I
I have an unrooted Rog phone 3 and recently tap and pay completely ceased to function using Google pay, my banking app or Samsung pay on my smart watch and all of these previously worked fine. The apps all accept my card and appear to function, but using the phone at a terminal results in a 'bad tap, insert card' or similar message on the terminal. Asus support told me that my NFC is functioning, and the built in diagnostic tool supports that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling google play services but that did nothing. Any tips?
4 REPLIES 4

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Serenity

I have an unrooted Rog phone 3 and recently tap and pay completely ceased to function using Google pay, my banking app or Samsung pay on my smart watch and all of these previously worked fine. The apps all accept my card and appear to function, but using the phone at a terminal results in a 'bad tap, insert card' or similar message on the terminal. Asus support told me that my NFC is functioning, and the built in diagnostic tool supports that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling google play services but that did nothing. Any tips?

Tap and pay no longer working at all.
Its something with google pay , i read something like this on google news

Serenity
Star I
I've seen that, but it isn't just google pay, it's all tap and pay apps

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Serenity

I've seen that, but it isn't just google pay, it's all tap and pay apps

View post
Yea, idk about othes apps but google is also bringing nfc payments not for just cards but also for upi so maybe they are updating the systems or something , it will take few days as per i read in google news

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
And also it has nothing to do with root or anything , its just google thing