abhip1986
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.25
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Rog Phone 3 not getting charged with Original Charger and Original Cable
1) Its charging with another Type C Usb Charger
2) Noticed the charging was stuck at 13% for long time and then it did not charge until i plugged in another type c cable
3) Tried another phone with Asus Charger and Cable and it works fine
4) Tried charging on both side Ports and bottom one and waited for a while but battery not charging.
Problem appears to be with the ASUS Software.
Tried restarting the phone and also tried charging when the phone is OFF but still no luck
Phone is NOT overheating.
When you connect original charger and cable, you can see the 2 batter icon on the top and charging animation but it does not charge.
I purchased this one on the Flipkart launch date and now I cant even return it so please someone help me with this SOFTWARE issue.

19 REPLIES 19

ritikxman
Star I
I am facing this charging issue since today , also overheating problem since a month when I bought this phone . Let me know what to do

rishishahu112
Star III
abhip1986

Hi @sayak.4ndz @rishishahu112

For me Factory reset worked.

Please do the exact steps that I have done.

Charge your phone with another charger till 100%

Then perform Factory reset

Then setup your phone and connect original charger and original cable ....keep it for 2mins and you should see that it is charging

View post
no its not working i tried that .
also i went to the customer service center they are replacing my charger adapter which should arrive around 15 days. but i dont think it will work cause its a software issue as the moderator said.

rishishahu112
Star III
In the new update of 2007.70.0 the charging problem is fixed but there is a new problem where youtube is tinted red when using at lowest brightness

ibrahim_ali
Star II
rishishahu112

In the new update of 2007.70.0 the charging problem is fixed but there is a new problem where youtube is tinted red when using at lowest brightness

View post
Every update comes with problems ha ha ha

ZT-ec7273cf
Star I
Rog Phone 3 not getting charged with Original Charger and Original Cable