cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 3 CHARGING SOFTWARE BUG

Jembong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3 12/512 Global (Philippines)
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.58
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently/every minute
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
What I am experiencing right now is when I use the original adapter and cable(hyper charge / fast charging adapter it will stop charging upon insertion after 1 minute also even when the device is turned off.
But when i use a normal charger it is charging but for 3 hours of course.
Please help as this is very frustrating.
Got the rog phone 3 August 28, 2020
@Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ander0727 @ARP_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @CH_ASUS @VanillaTestER @Olivier_ASUS @gabriel_prado @DrAlex_ASUS @fulvio_fiorentino @NS_ASUS @RL_ASUS @Hai @rohith_rajan @DS_Asus @ServiceC_ASUS @LP_ASUS @kajanan_shan @victor1125@victor2020 @marina_marchi
@vollon_hu @Kris@Kris @cael @Titan_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Admin @Panda_ASUS
11 REPLIES 11

Jembong
Star I
Hi sir anders, upon oberserving. I think it is not the unit that has problem it is the 30watts charger. I have tried to charger other devices such as jbl bluetooth and samsung phone and it doesnt charge them. May i ask what should I do? Can i ask for replacement or repair in asus service center?

Aman89053
Rising Star II
I can't goto service station as I live in very small city.. due to pandemic service center is almost 200km away from my current location..
My phone is not even a month old..
And charger is working with other devices and other slow chargers are working with rog 3 as well ..
But it's not charging with asus charger ..how many times do I need to repeat the same thing again and again

Please I m already suffering from alot ..
Please help

Aman89053
Rising Star II
It stops charging as soon as i turn the switch on for charging...it's not taking a minute..
And via other chargers it's charging normally.. but it takes almost 3 hours to charge it completely

Aman89053
Rising Star II
Please help I have told u the problem clearly @Anders_ASUS

roshan22
Star I
Hi,
I am experiencing similar problems with the Slow charging option. Irrespective of it being selected, the phone always hypercharges resulting in a battery temperature of almost 39 to 40 degrees. I have limited the charging limit to 80% from the day I received the phone and I generally charge the phone from about 40 to 80%.
Checking for a solution to the above, I seem to have found a solution which has worked for me. I have tried it for the past three days and can confirm that the phone slow charges and the maximum battery temperature during the entire charging process does not exceed 35.5 degrees. Hope it works for you guys as well.
1). Settings>Battery>Battery optimization - Mobile Manager and MobileManagerService are both optimized. Selected the 'Don't Optimize' option for both so that it runs always.
2). Selected the Slow charging option in Battery care section of Mobile manager.
3). Settings>Display>Screen Saver>When to start - Selected to 'When Charging' and further selected Night Mode (Very Dim Display) in current Screen Saver Settings.
4). Ensure the Mobile Manager>PowerMaster>Battery Care screen is opened and do not close. Make sure that the Battery care screen is not closed.
5). Plug in the charger and switch on.
The screen saver will start once the device goes to Sleep. The device will still show Hypercharge but will slow charge. You can check the status of the charging, but make sure that the Battery Care section screen is always on and not closed.
I found my battery charging from 41% to 80% in about an hour and 15 minutes, with the maximum battery temperature at 35.5 degrees.
In addition, another problem which was specific to my system - I have Twillight Pro loaded on my phone and found that the app was overriding the running of the Mobile Manager service and app and this also had to be sorted by ensuring that the Mobile manager service and app was whitelisted in the Twillight app.
Cheers and hope it works for you guys.