ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

rishirs30
Star II
Aman89053

img-20200819-210821.jpg

Guys download screen balance app and apply the given settings (from screenshot)

It will fix the Black crush.

Mod please look at this matter seriously..it can fix via ota ..

P.S. - Do not forget to open the app in the background.

View post
Yeah, it fixed upto some extent, but still the black crush issue can be seen. But this app did a good job I must say, it reduced the black crush.

gohelraj1111199
Star II
Aman89053

img-20200819-210821.jpg

View post
You will see a big difference only when the brightness is more than 20%, the same video with more than 20% brightness and less than 20% brightness Try to see, you will see a definite difference. So I believe this might be resolved by OTA update so ASUS team please work on this as soon as possible and provide us with some subtle solutions. Waiting for replay from some mod.

Aman89053
Rising Star II
Is it totally safe to use such app. ..or we should wait for the update ??
Also using an app is not a proper solution beacuse somewhat colour accuracy lacks there.
I m just waiting for 4-5 days ..if proper solutionwill not come I will return this and for sure I m not going to buy asus device ever..
For now I will not suggest to buy rog 3

Droid
Star III
Bought the phone yesterday. I noticed the black crush issue at night. Especially in low brightness. I understand that Oled panels have these issues. But this is extreme in rog 3. At low brightness i can see black crush in every app which is dark. Not just pictures or videos even texts appear bad. Just open twitter turn on dark mode and scroll. You will see black crush very bad in texts. It feels very cheap. I was using Galaxy S10 before. S10 also had black crush issues but not to this extent in Rog 3. I am very disappointed in Asus. How could they miss something so major. Hope to see a fix soon!!!

Jack2318
Star III
Aman89053

img-20200819-210821.jpg

View post
Yup tried it and it worked severe improvements seen

MODS look into this seriously this is a software issue solve it ASAP or a majority of the population will create quite a buzz with negatives about this phone in the market