This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ROG 3 Is not charging with original power brick, manual OTA update did not help.

tvnaymad
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 Strix (ZS661KS)
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: Allways
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Okay so i did not update from version 17.0823.2007.58 untill i noticed that my ROG 3 is not charging with original power brick. I tried factory reset and also updated my phone to latest 17.0823.2009.99 version, nothing helped and i still have the same problem. I also tried all the options available in the battery settings but nothing helped.
When i connect the charger to the phone is shows charging icon and two "+" icons on top of it after a while both "+" icons disappear and there is just the lightning icon left but the phone is not charging. (Both "+" and lightning icons are on the battery, not next to it)
I used apple power brick and a different cable to charge and it works but it is way slower as it does not support HyperCharge.
Let me know if there is any solution to this problem, I searched through the discussions with similar issues but found no solution.
17 REPLIES 17

tvnaymad
Star I
This is the icon (screenshot 1) I get when trying to charge with original power brick, after a while it changes to normal HyperCharge icon (screenshot 2) but it doesn't charge the phone.
Bypass Charging works just fine.
I updated to latest .122 update and it still doesn't work ... any ideas ? I dont know how long am I supposed to wait for the response.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Seems like it glitched out with the slow charge feature. Factory reset or complete reflash is the only fix

Swadesh
Star III
Mods can send you a fix. @Gustav_ASUS helped me fix it with an app that patched the bug.
I still have it, if you want, let me know, or wait for a mod to respond.
You don't need to reset your phone.

Aman89053
Rising Star II
I had same problem but Mine was fixed after the .99 update ...