gugul
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus Camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Noticed it today only; in the latest update something has been gone awry in the camera app. The main lens takes nice photos with great sharpness, but the white balance is inaccurate (though can be corrected through editing, so not a big deal).
On the other hand, the ultra Wide cam is completely refusing to focus. Tap to focus is not working in this mode. No detail is there. Though it captures the white balance correctly, it fails miserably in capturing the details of a scene. I understand it can't give as much clarity as the main camera, but it shouldn't be like this too.
Hereby I'm attaching 2 photos for reference. You can see how the ultra Wide cam performs very poorly.
Steps I have taken to troubleshoot on my own:-
1. Cleared the cache and storage of camera app.
2. Restated to safe mode to check there, tough luck.
I Can't reset as there are too many data I have to deal with.
p-20201107-161154-1.jpg
p-20201107-161214-1.jpg
It literally looks like I have captured these photos from 2 different mobiles, but that's not the case.
Kindly look into this matter and address it ASAP. @Gustav_ASUS , @Anders_ASUS , @ARP_ASUS
Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Have you tested this in a properly lit enviroment as well? The ultrawide is the worst of the 3 cameras on the phone and has some severe issues focusing if there is to much noise.

gugul
Rising Star II
nightmaster552

Have you tested this in a properly lit enviroment as well? The ultrawide is the worst of the 3 cameras on the phone and has some severe issues focusing if there is to much noise.

View post
Lighting here is not the problem. It was literally 2 or 3PM here I guess. There was ample light for the camera to capture the details correctly. It was all good in the .78 firmware. Suddenly I checked today and noticed it. I concede it's the worst one but at least there should be some details 😅. I'm even unable to read those letters here😂😂..This firmware has messed the focus system somehow with the ultra Wide cam I guess. I hope they fix it ASAP.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
gugul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130978#Comment_130978

Lighting here is not the problem. It was literally 2 or 3PM here I guess. There was ample light for the camera to capture the details correctly. It was all good in the .78 firmware. Suddenly I checked today and noticed it. I concede it's the worst one but at least there should be some details 😅. I'm even unable to read those letters here😂😂..This firmware has messed the focus system somehow with the ultra Wide cam I guess. I hope they fix it ASAP.

View post
So i went into the stock camera application and tested it myself and you're indeed right. The focus on the ultrawide is borked. I didn't notice as I use my own custom camera software.
@Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS maybe foward this to the app devs 🙂

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@nightmaster552 @gugul Can you help us out with device logs for this one? I'll send you instructions via PM.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention by the way.