This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to force "true" 60hz refresh rate?

usernameRika
Star III
Hello there guys,
I just bought this device, Rog Phone 3 (128/512) yesterday and i've been setting it up and testing my games (arcade emulation is my zen).
Unfortunatelly, and to my total shock, i discovered that this device doesn't actually have 60hz (when set to 60 hz obviously), but 59.3 hz.
This completely destroys the smoothness of the games i care about, there's always stuttering caused by the lack of sync between the 59.3 hz and 60 hz that the games need (my previous phone has 60.02 hz, so perfectly smooth).
Trying to sync content of 60 hz to the other options (90, 120, 144) is even worse in terms of frame pacing.

Is there a way to upate/fix this 59.3 hz issue and get actual 60 hz from this screen?
This is a deal breaker for me for an otherwise good phone.

Phone not rooted
Android 11

Thanks so much!

25 REPLIES 25

usernameRika
Star III
I have nothing more to say to you, please leave this topic. You've proved with every reply you posted, that you are completelly oblivious to how content speed x display refresh rate works.
Maybe you have good intentions, but you are becoming really toxic right now.
Have a nice evening.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Oh no youtube runs my 24FPS videos which i recorded with my camera at 30FPS, OH NO THE MICROLAGS.
clueless 🤡detected.
Also nice slowdowns on your vid 2.
Great gaming experience right there.
You don't understand how syncing works nor do you have a lick of a clue how emulation and android works. Not only are you suggesting that your phone runs FPS beyond VSYNC (which is impossible) but you also claim that recording something that doesnt run on 60FPS with a 60FPS camera recording somehow shows microstutters.
Can't tell if actual 🤡 or troll, whatever the case may be you won't find any solution to your problem as you refuse to understand whats actually causing your stutters. At this point I wouldnt be surprised if you're a flat earther.

Ogghy
Rising Star II
screenshot-20220208-210820581-281-29.png
It's actually a real problem tho. Peeps who say "nah it's only the game, testing hz on browser it's not accurate blablabla" well i got this problem with my rog 2 before. Even i posted a lot of thread about this a bunch of time and unfortunately the mods doesn't even noticed it. And thankfully i just sold my rog 2 and bought rog 3 and rn my refresh rate seems fine.
It's actually make the game stuttery AF when the hz does not reach 60. And it's really annoying.

Ogghy
Rising Star II
And i saw a bunch of rog 5 have this kind of problem. My friend has it and it's actually a nightmare lmao.

Ogghy
Rising Star II
Oh anw here's my result. I got an amazing result so far. This is my rog 3 from September 2020, Compared to my rog 2 back then.
screenshot-20200722-235254804-1-1-1.jpg
screenshot-20220208-211627991-281-29-1.jpg