Gallery App cannot play MOV file

wongkinghim
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: .78
Rooted or not: no root
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Gallery 2.9.0.40_200803M
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
I've copied a video file (MOV file, 52s length) into the phone and tried to play it with the Gallery App, however it shows an error if I press the 'play': Can't properly play this file due to an unexpected error has occurred.
I thought if my video file has problems, however if I press 'Edit' in the Gallery App, it can play the whole video in the edit mode.

========================================

2 REPLIES 2

noizemakernl
Star I
The gallery app cant play alot of video formats (cant Read most of my video files from my external harddrive because of format unknown)

Mxplayer works perfectly

wongkinghim
Star I
noizemakernl

The gallery app cant play alot of video formats (cant Read most of my video files from my external harddrive because of format unknown)

Mxplayer works perfectly

View post
I can accept that if Gallery totally "cannot" play the video file, but it actually "can" play it in the "Edit mode", that made me believe there is a bug in the Gallery app. Bug can be fixed and I hope Asus will aware this if they can see this post.