09-21-2020 11:24 AM
09-21-2020 02:03 PM
sukhveen.lambaGood that you posted or else this issue would have been a mystery.
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Rog Phone 3
- Firmware Version: 17.0823.2008.70
- Rooted or not: NOT
- Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Video On YouTube & OTT
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
The black crush issue still not solved 100% ? I still see black's being very badly crushed in watching HD Content on YouTube & Other OTT Platforms which spoils the overall experience badly so what is the use in having such an expensive phone? It's Atmost Important To Solve This Issue Team Asus.
As it is a Amoled screen in ROG Phone 3 the blacks should be perfect & Pitch Black as others brands offer like SAMSUNG & One+ excellent black's on thier screens. Why can't this be the case with ROG Phone 3 screen, as technology is same in both AMOLED?
Attached an image of the Youtube Video Of Movie Trailer 'Underwater' Blacks Being Crushed On Latest (.70) FOTA Update Plz Check & Resolve Team ASUS.
Hoping For The 100% Resolution?
Black Crush Issue Is Still Present On FOTA .70 Update
09-21-2020 07:58 PM
09-21-2020 08:01 PM
malaykrsinghHalf of it is marketing gimmicks. Don't believe everything they say on product listing as simple as that.
What a pity. I came accross this while surfing. My unit missed this step in the factory.
- Absolute Color Accuracy – Every ROG Phone 3 is factory-tuned with patented display calibration technology by Pixelworks, resulting in an average delta-E of 0.5 (lower is better), meaning that no deviations from perfect color accuracy can be detected by the human eye.
- High-Efficiency Calibration – The technology uses a rapid, high-precision color checker to calibrate for standard sRGB and DCI-P3 color gamuts in a fraction of the time of other approaches, enabling every smartphone’s display to be efficiently tuned during production.
- Industry-leading HDR – Pixelworks’ precision HDR tone mapping provides unprecedented contrast and color depth with up to 1 billion hues and access to more HDR content with certification from top content providers, including Amazon, Netflix and YouTube.
- Smooth Brightness Control – An innovative new adaptive display feature that utilizes over 4,000 steps of ultra-smooth brightness control to optimize the viewing experience in response to changes in ambient lighting, especially in dark environments.
09-21-2020 09:56 PM