cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Crush explained ( Rog3 / OP 8 )

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
youtube.com/watch?v=8EoRnfA1cK0
Here is an explanation as to why black crush is happening and how Asus can fix it. It also explains how this is NOT a hardware defect even with an example.
I hope this will clearify a great deal and that you guys need to stop spreading weird nonsense like its caused by high refreshrate screens, hardware defect or that asus cheaped out on displays. Just chill a little bit and let asus fix it, and Asus you need to stop the hotfixes, it's seriously doing more damage than good.
Hope to see much less black crush topics as it's really getting old by now.
82 REPLIES 82

skailash2001
Rising Star I
@nightmaster552 I've seriously lost hope. I think even the Devs and mods have to be honest. We just have to live with it I guess. No other way.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
skailash2001

@nightmaster552 I've seriously lost hope. I think even the Devs and mods have to be honest. We just have to live with it I guess. No other way.

View post
Once my warranty runs out I'll be making an application (and possibly a modded kernel) that should be able to fix it, it will require root tho.
Only if ASUS doesn't fix until it runs out, obviously.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
I think u should collabrate with the Devs, lol @nightmaster552

Sincerity
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129953#Comment_129953

Once my warranty runs out I'll be making an application (and possibly a modded kernel) that should be able to fix it, it will require root tho.

Only if ASUS doesn't fix until it runs out, obviously.

View post
If u do I'll root it just for that. But what I've noticed is that the Black crush is way less if I enable the 60 Hz instead of the 144 Hz Mode. That's so weird tho..

GameOjas
Rising Star I
Hardware or software... This is the worst performing display. It is spouse to be OLED but it can't even do it's basic thing. Show black colors.
So far Asus is only making problem worse and I don't see any improvements. And then the lack of communication suggest that there is something Shaddy going on.