This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arion

royieraci
Star I
Hi gurus I have just purchased a ROG 3 strix edition and while googling an OtterBox for it I came across something called an Arion case,I believe. Can someone please educate this moron in what it actually is. It looks like an alternative tradies case but from the adds it looks like it replaces the back cover. Is this correct or should I watch what my wife is slipping me . I am not a gamer I just love Asus phones and could not resist this beast . I am not a tradie I am a distribution driver so I need something that can protect my investment from the Day to day, All day 5 days a week, from the knocks and cra$ I put my phones through. Will this do the job????
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Roystoys The Aero case which comes in the box is a slim case. If you're looking for something more sturdy (akin to the Otterbox) I think your best bet is to look for a third party alternative.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
I think you have your names mixed up. The ROG Strix Arion is an M.2 NVMe SSD enclosure. Think of it as a super beefed up USB drive.
You're most likely thinking about the Aero case - but that should have been included in the box when you bought your phone. Are you looking for a more sturdy alternative?

Roystoys
Zen Master III
ok I have to ask what's a USB drive. I understand that it will have an aero case in the  box when it arrives,I only purchased it online a few days ago and with Australia post and the covid nightmare I should get it by next year sometime ( actually I'm hoping it's the end of next week) so is the aero case like a hard case for it like an otter box?? I really want an otter box for it but they don't actually make one for it yet

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Roystoys The Aero case which comes in the box is a slim case. If you're looking for something more sturdy (akin to the Otterbox) I think your best bet is to look for a third party alternative.

BlackAs
Rising Star I
There's nothing really like an OtterBox yet mate and I'm not sure how one would go on the phone even of there was it runs a bit warm as it is. I'm going to get the OEM lighting case which is a bit heavier duty than the supplied one. I got a soft silicone case from Amazon it's a great fit and generally good case but it's not compatible with the aeroactive cooler unfortunately.

Cheers
Adam