This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 11 Update and Black Crush Issue still not fixed

drishtantmahaja
Star II
Other phones are looking forward to android 12 and the asus rog phone 3 users even after buying a flagship phone haven't received android 11 update till now. The company released rog 5 less than a year after the launch of rog 3 and it looks like the whole focus is shifted to rog 5. A constant problem with ASUS Phones since I started using them in 2016 but still because of trust and constant assurance from the company regarding software updates I use asus phones, please deliver what you promise to your customers. The black crush issue looks like a permanent problem with the phone which can't be solved, even the first buyer of the phone can detect the problem at first glance but the company rushed the release and didn't solve the problem completely till now and released rog 5 with a better screen quality which should have been there in rog 3 the price being the same.
10 REPLIES 10

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
But what are you saying? Rog Phone 5 Screen has even worse quality than the 3.
Android 11 will release soon but don't expect an improvement to android 10.
Anyway despite black crush the phone doesn't have many annoying bugs that make android 11 so much necessary.. considering also that it doesn't add any extra useful features to the 10.
I bought the phone for games not for waiting updates xd

Aryan202
Community Legend I
simo97.codega

Anyway despite black crush the phone doesn't have many annoying bugs that make android 11 so much necessary.. considering also that it doesn't add any extra useful features to the 10.

View post
Nah it isn't what's your source for R5 screen?
Rog 5 uses an Samsung panel and most who have upgraded from 3 find 5's screen better
Rog 3 reportedly uses an tianma panel

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
simo97.codega

View post
Same here,a GAMING phone is for playing GAMES,not watching movies after all

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171256#Comment_171256

Nah it isn't what's your source for R5 screen?

Rog 5 uses an Samsung panel and most who have upgraded from 3 find 5's screen better

Rog 3 reportedly uses an tianma panel

View post
Rog 5 has all the problems a Samsung display has,black crush and green tint for example,so it's kind of worse once you even enter a dark level in a game...Or watch a dark movie