ptolomi2
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2106.138
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I updated my phone to android 11 and now I have the problem that while playing games the phone won't go to sleep mode. Normally when I don't touch the phone for 1 minute It should go to sleep mode. But it's not working anymore.
I didn't had the problem with android 10.
Did the update change some settings ? Or is this a bug ?
I checked the android settings and the timer for sleep mode is 1 minute.
Other applications like WhatsApp or chrome don't have this problem.
It's just while playing games.
5 REPLIES 5

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Becoz games have permission to prevent device from sleeping , you can see games permission in games store page in playstation at the very bottom of games details , theres a tab of all the permissions
And this was same as A10 , nothing new or nothing wrong , its working how uts supposed to be

Few games do not have this permission becoz there is not need of it will make your devive sleep aftee your specified timeout like clash of clans but games like call of duty wont let your device sleep

ptolomi2
Star I
Ok but it wasn't like that before I did the update to android 11. It was working fine on Android 10.
I'm playing the same game and changed nothing.
I got a ROG phone 1 here and it's working fine. But not on the ROG 3 so it has to do something with Android 11.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
ptolomi2

Ok but it wasn't like that before I did the update to android 11. It was working fine on Android 10.

I'm playing the same game and changed nothing.

I got a ROG phone 1 here and it's working fine. But not on the ROG 3 so it has to do something with Android 11.

View post
If thats the case then it must be a Andriod 11 thing itself

ptolomi2
Star I
God I hope they fix that, it's quite annoying.