joshua_aquino18
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 3
Firmware Version:2008.78
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Pls help my ROG3 so fast to drain after in 2 update pls help my charging is 20% to 80% pls help me
screenshot-20200929-235333622.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

joshua_aquino18
Star III
Look my phone idle in 9hrs only 2 percent lately 13hrs 1percent
I hope you can help me Sir Developer😞😞😭

eqlm2
Rising Star I
joshua.aquino18d

Look my phone idle in 9hrs only 2 percent lately 13hrs 1percent

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/F3897LGQ7D1A/v-20200930-075137-n0.mp4

I hope you can help me Sir Developer😞😞😭

View post
it seems we have battery lottery issue here some gets an amazing battery life even with intensive usage,
my phone dorps 2% directly from 100 to 98 after unplugging the charger in just 5 minutes without even touch the phone.
before changing to ROG3 i used to use P30 Pro i used the 2 phones almost identically and still get the same battery life on both phones, sometimes the P30 Pro gives me a better performance, despite 30% smaller battery.
one of the reasons i bought the ROG is the 6000 mah battery.

xihe
Rising Star II
eqlm2

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120074#Comment_120074

it seems we have battery lottery issue here some gets an amazing battery life even with intensive usage,

my phone dorps 2% directly from 100 to 98 after unplugging the charger in just 5 minutes without even touch the phone.

before changing to ROG3 i used to use P30 Pro i used the 2 phones almost identically and still get the same battery life on both phones, sometimes the P30 Pro gives me a better performance, despite 30% smaller battery.

one of the reasons i bought the ROG is the 6000 mah battery.

View post
You can't compare Huawei with Asus. Huawei achieve its high battery life by disabling things like auto start in apps, aggressive memory management and stuff. I once had whatsapp not getting notification for the whole day until I opened whatsapp at night (and wondering why it was so peaceful all day), and in 1 second, all the notifications started coming in. I sold off the phone the next day.
Huawei and Xiaomi are the 2 phones I encountered with "deep sleep" apps issues out of the box.

eqlm2
Rising Star I
xihe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120219#Comment_120219

You can't compare Huawei with Asus. Huawei achieve its high battery life by disabling things like auto start in apps, aggressive memory management and stuff. I once had whatsapp not getting notification for the whole day until I opened whatsapp at night (and wondering why it was so peaceful all day), and in 1 second, all the notifications started coming in. I sold off the phone the next day.

Huawei and Xiaomi are the 2 phones I encountered with "deep sleep" apps issues out of the box.

View post
i had used 3 Huawei phones in the past and did not have any problem with pushing the notification at all without changing anything in battery settings. i faced this problem first in my life when i started using Rog 3. so i had to go deep and tweak every app i need to get notification from. which i did not ever do in any of my previous phones
yes i agree Huawei phones i aggressive memory management, but this did not cause any problem to me at all, at least in my experience.
as said according to my experience with Rog 3 and what other says about their battery problems my conclusion is battery lottery not anything else related to usage of the phone.
some YT channel did battery draining test, very intensive usage, gaming, benchmarking, recording 4K and scroling in social media and they managed to get more than 10 SOT, and some of us, myself included with normal usage i did ever get more than 5H SOT.
it is too funny that we can see this huge gap in battery performance