Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G is not working. its not showing.

ZT-be5c6208
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I003DD
Firmware Version: WW-17.0823.2012.131 ( after the manual update)
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: since using it
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no
In addition to the information above, please also provide as many details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Serial Number: LAAIKN05L028SND
When I bought this device then I have noticed the firmware version was WW_17.0822.2005.11. in that time i did not see any "Dual-Band Wifi" and then I have updated the firmware version Version WW-17.0823.2012.131

Currently, the "Dual-Band Wifi" option has appeared. But it's not showing any 5G band network. according to Rog phone 3 features, it is 5G enable handset. unfortunately, I am having this bad experience. I would like to use Dual-band wifi. or at least 5G band network. because 5G is more stable than 2.4Ghz.
thanks for the reading
Rimon

1 REPLY 1

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
Oh no! You are confusing 5GHz WiFi with 5G cellular network! ROG3 supports both, YES, BOTH!
In dual-band wifi, if u turn it on, the device can connect to 2 WiFi networks at once, BUT, one has to 2.4GHz and the other HAS TO BE 5GHz. It CANNOT connect to two WiFi access points with same frequency! 2x 5GHz or 2x 2.4GHz - will NOT WORK!
HOW TO USE? -> Connect to a primary network first, ONLY THEN, turn DUAL BAND SWITCH ON and select a second WiFi INSIDE the dual band option. It will work, easy. 🙂
Fot 5G cellular (== SIM card) network, u may check with your cellular operator for that.