This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790-i RMA

Elliotrooy
Star I

I'm sending in a ROG Strix Z790-i for an RMA and I keep reading in the literature that you shouldn't include accessories or additional components. This motherboard comes with an external component called the Hive that contains some essential motherboard functions like the BIOS flashback button and BIOS usb access port. In addition, there is a small add on board that supports some of the Hive's functionality. Should I include these components with the RMA? 

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello @Elliotrooy 

Could you please confirm the reason for the repair?
If the issue is not related to the ROG STRIX HIVE, such as a problem with the CPU socket, you can send in the ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI without including the ROG STRIX HIVE.
However, if it is related to the ROG STRIX HIVE, such as audio or USB port issues, please include it when sending for repair and describe the specific issue with the ROG STRIX HIVE in more detail.
Additionally, I have DMed you, kindly check the inbox in the top right corner when convenient.

Thank you.

Thank you for replying. 

This board failed a BIOS update and is not responding to my attempts at BIOS flashback. The Hive is required to preform BIOS flashback.