This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThunderboltEx4 NVM31 downgrade tool

Pacecar
Star I

Hi there - Asus recently had a tool that would allow the downgrade of firmware on their ThunderboldEx4 card from NVM36 to NVM31 to support Thunderbolt 2 devices, however the tool is no longer available. Would anyone kindly have a link to the tool?

Thank you!

33 REPLIES 33

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Pacecar and @fubusmaximus 

Regarding version 1.4 downgrade NVM31 tool,  I have DM the relevant information to you.
Please check your inbox at the top right corner at your convenience.

Thank you.

Hello SymphonIQ and @KedarWolf 
I have DM the relevant information to you.
Please check your PM inbox at your convenience to review the details.

Additionally, according to Kingston's official website, the "DataTraveler Max USB 3.2 Gen 2 Series Flash Drive" does not seem to be a Thunderbolt device.
We recommend testing the drive in different slots, systems, or driver and firmware installations for troubleshooting, or consulting with the retailer for further assistance if needed.

Thank you.

Hello @hackej 
Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, our response time may experience delays.
We apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.

I have DM the relevant information to you.
Please check your PM inbox at your convenience to review the details.

Thank you.

Hello @Audioeng80 

We apologize for the delayed response due to the recent local holiday.
It seems you haven’t provided the complete motherboard model? 
I have DM the relevant information to you, please check your PM inbox at your convenience to review the details.
Thank you.

Hello @rockdaddi 

Thank you for your message and for reaching out in DM. 
I have updated our conversation, please review and respond when convenient.

Thank you.

Hey Jiaszzz, I have exactly the same problem with my thunderboltex4. When I want to install the driver in the BIOS, it says that it can't be proceed on this platform (or something like that :D) Can you send me the downgrade tool or an old driver ?