cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSU TUF-Gaming 750G fan does not spin

aldente
Star I

Hello ASUS Community,

I recently bought a new PSU TUF-Gaming 750G, and upon delivery, I opened the package and connected the unit with included power cable to the mains. The fan does not start to spin, however. There is no such thing as LED either. It does not have the 0dB Fan button by design. Is there a way to check if it is OK before building the PC?

Thank you for your feedback.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @aldente 

May I ask what the concern is about not having a proper connection made to the relevant hardware components (motherboard, CPU, GPU, etc.)?
Typically, when the relevant hardware isn't connected correctly, the PSU fan won't run as the PSU won't activate.
We recommend ensuring the correct connection of the relevant hardware components and verifying once again.
If necessary, please refer to the user manuals for the PSU, motherboard, and peripheral hardware for installation instructions.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Hi Jiaszzzz_ASUS,

Thank you for your reply. I was simply checking upon delivery to see if PC parts I bought were ok or not, especially because the SIMM card I got had to be returned due to a damage it got during shipment from an external force. The PSU user's guide has very little information in it but did not help at all about my question. So I posted my question here. If PSU is not meant to spin its fan without connecting parts, then that is fine, that is what I wanted to find out.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @aldente 

May I ask what the concern is about not having a proper connection made to the relevant hardware components (motherboard, CPU, GPU, etc.)?
Typically, when the relevant hardware isn't connected correctly, the PSU fan won't run as the PSU won't activate.
We recommend ensuring the correct connection of the relevant hardware components and verifying once again.
If necessary, please refer to the user manuals for the PSU, motherboard, and peripheral hardware for installation instructions.

Thank you.

Hi Jiaszzzz_ASUS,

Thank you for your reply. I was simply checking upon delivery to see if PC parts I bought were ok or not, especially because the SIMM card I got had to be returned due to a damage it got during shipment from an external force. The PSU user's guide has very little information in it but did not help at all about my question. So I posted my question here. If PSU is not meant to spin its fan without connecting parts, then that is fine, that is what I wanted to find out.

Thank you.