This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime B560-Plus No "Create RAID Volume" option in Bios

JcTcom
Star I

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I could not find another "Forum" type site for Asus Prime B560-Plus board.

Recently acquired this board and install of Windows 10 went well on my Samsung M.2 SSD.

I have 2 WD Black 1TB drives in it. Both the exact same size but slightly different variations.  Both have been wiped and are set up as GPT.

When trying to create a RAID 1 configuration on them after having set up the RST inBios and restarting then going into Advanced>Intel Rapid Storage Technology

(Similar to as shown on this site: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/support/faq/1045089/)

The drives show up there but there is no "Create RAID Volume" optione there.  It is not greyed out it just doesn't exist.

After exhaustive searches I am at a loss and would appreciate any help I can get here.

MB has latest 2001 Bios installed.

Thanks in Advance

Carl

2 REPLIES 2

JcTcom
Star I

Upon further investigation I have found reference to the fact that apparently specific to the B560-Plus it does not seem to support RAID on the SATA connections.  Only on the M.2 Connections.

As Referenced here: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1045777/

You will see a note about 1/3 of the way down that says "**B560 series motherboards support all IRST functions except RAID configuration."

Not sure what Intel IRST functions are if not "RAID".  I thought that was it primary function?

Carl

Hello @JcTcom 
Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, our response time may experience delays.
We apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.
Based on the specifications from the PRIME B560-PLUS Tech Specs page and the FAQ you mentioned, we can confirm that this model does not support RAID configuration.

Additionally, for motherboards that do support RAID, the specification page will include a note indicating this:

Thank you.