This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ROG motherboard with expired warranty purchased from amazon

baiyibo
Star I

I just installed and registered my new motherboard (ordered (new) from Amazon 13.09.2023) and upon registration I was told that my warranty has expired. That cannot be possible, right? Please assist. I also can't check my warranty status from warranty status inquiry website.

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 01.55.08.png

111.png

  

3 REPLIES 3

malaika121
Star II

Hi @baiyibo 

It is strange that your new motherboard has an expired warranty. It is possible that there is a problem with the warranty registration system.

I recommend that you contact ASUS support directly to inquire about the warranty status of your motherboard. You can provide them with the serial number of your motherboard and the date you purchased it from Amazon.

ASUS support should be able to investigate the issue and provide you with accurate information about the warranty status of your motherboard.

If it is determined that your warranty is indeed expired, you may be able to appeal the decision. You can provide ASUS support with evidence of purchase from Amazon, such as a copy of your invoice.

If ASUS support is unable to help you, you may need to contact Amazon customer support for assistance. Amazon may be able to help you resolve the issue with ASUS.

Here are some tips for contacting ASUS support:

1. You can contact ASUS support by phone, email, or chat.
  2. Be sure to have the serial number of your motherboard and the date you purchased it from Amazon handy.
  3. Be polite and professional in your communication with ASUS support.
  4. Be persistent and don't give up until you get a resolution.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @baiyibo 

Since you just purchased, may I ask if you have attempted to reach out to the retailer, Amazon in this case?
I have PM you for additional confirmation, as the product serial number contains personal information and is not ideal for verification in a public forum.
Kindly check your inbox located in the upper right corner.

Thank you.

Paul-H
Star I

On a similar note I just bought an ASUS M3700 AIO from PC World and found it had been registered 3 months earlier

Mind you they where also selling it as having 16gb ram but it only had 8gb fitted.

Needless to say I no longer own it