cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB H61M-K BIOS DOESN'T SHOW INTERNAL VGA GRAPHICS CARD

OGalati
Star I

Hi.

The BIOS menu item related to internal VGA graphics card isn't there, so it's impossible to enable and use it. There is only the item about memory reasignation above 4MB. The PC doesn't boot up 'cause there isn't video output on D-SUB connector.  I can hear in the chassis speaker 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps indicating some kind of graphics-related error. It needs to insert an external graphics card to boot up.   Somebody knows any possible solution? 

TIA !!

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @OGalati 

Could you please provide the model of the CPU you're currently using?
Do you need to use both integrated and dedicated graphics, or only integrated graphics?
Regarding the issue of one long and three short beeps during startup without successful booting, it indicates a failure to recognize the GPU correctly in the boot process.
Typically, during the POST process, if the CPU supports integrated graphics and no discrete GPU is installed, it should automatically output video using integrated graphics without requiring additional settings.
If necessary, we recommend verifying the correct installation of the CPU, cross-testing with another CPU, clearing CMOS, or checking for any BIOS updates that may be needed.

Thank you. 

OGalati
Star I

Thanks, @Jiaszzz_ASUS

The CPU used is an Intel Pentium G630 @2.70 GHz.
I need to use both integrated and dedicated graphic, to display into 2 monitors.

I'll try your suggestions, but unfortunately I can't cross-test with another CPU.  All others MB's sections seems to work well, and the PC is working correctly with a dedicated graphic card.  CMOS clearing was did without results.  I'll try BIOS update to see if the uptade process solves the issue.  Could you link to the uptade BIOS process, please?

Hello, @OGalati 

Thank you for the prompt reply.
For the BIOS updating guide, please refer to page 2-1 of the "BIOS information" in the H61M-K User's Manual (English)