This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What stylus/Pens will work with the ASUS Chromebook Flip C214MA-BW0354?

ZT-cdddf50c
Star I
Hey there,
Can anyone please let me know what stylus/Pens will work with the ASUS Chromebook Flip C214MA-BW0354?
The local resellers don't know and aren't able (so far) to get confirmation out of ASUS directly so recommended I see what I can find.
When I contacted local ASUS customer support it seems to be a bot as it delivers a generic response totally unrelated to the question asked.
I've tried a Wacom Intuos pen so far and that doesn't work.
Any wisdom appreciated.

System:
Battery or AC:
Model: ASUS Chromebook Flip C214MA-BW0354
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
If you bought the device that does not come with Stylus pen in the box, then you bought the version that the panel does not support stylus pen.
Thank you.

ZT-cdddf50c
Star I
Hey Blake,
I bought the version that comes with a stylus pen.
ASUS Chromebook Flip C214MA-BW0354 Rugged Delux 2in1 Edu Laptop 11.6" HD Glossy Touch Intel Celeron N4020 4GB 64GB eMMC ChromeOS 1yr warranty - WiFiAC + BT5, Webcam, Stylus, USB-C, MicroSD Reader
I just need to know what extra options of pens are available so I can get some spares [as our child will likely lose a fair number of them over the lifetime of using this chromebook].
The model is this one - can you please let me know compatible Stylus pens [brands/models] and also if replacement ASUS ones are available that can slot into the unit?

Cheers 🙂

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Great, I thought you bought the other version, then it won't support pen stylus.
The panel is supporting EMR stylus.
Hope this is more specific for you to find the pen you need.
Thank you.

ZT-cdddf50c
Star I
Hey there,
Sadly, not really - (based on looking at other boards there is general talk that not all EMR pens work with this model.
I did a test with a Wacom EMR stylus (for an Intuos) and that definitely doesn't work.
Do ASUS have a list of compatible EMR stylus/pens that will definitely work with this model? [like many other brands do for their products]? E.g. do you know if a Staedtler Noris Jumbo Stylus will definitely work?
Also - can you please tell me if it is possible to get replacement styluses for this model [i.e. that will fit into the slot that the stylus that comes with the model]. If so, can you please confirm the model/part number.